Passing the VA Life & Health Exam

abba22

I am taking the VA Life & Health Insurance exam soon, any advice from others on how to study to pass the exam? I hear it is pretty tough.

I am taking the VA Life & Health Insurance exam soon, any advice from others on how to study to pass the exam? I hear it is pretty tough.

Good Luck read the summary for each chapter again, write each chapters Q&A's, Write a summary of your own based on the Q&A to help relate to your specific thought process

Then, repeat the process based on the worst scored chapter tests to the best.

Then use all basic test taking techniques...good nights sleep, test in the morning, rule out the obvious, save all reverse questions for last, do not change any answer unless you are 100% it is wrong.......FOR SURE!

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the advice. I have been studying the A.D.Banker book and have also been testing my knowledge on the examsimulator.com site. Did you use the A.D Banker book to study from?

No. I used www.license2go.com on line course. They provide a mentor that calls you and covers any problem areas daily. Also if you score an 85% or above on each practice exam they will pay for and 2nd or 3rd tests. They realize that not everyone is a good test taker when the clock is running. The have over an 80% pass ratio.

What state are you in and what products do you intend to start selling?

[email protected]

I am in Virginia--testing is done thru Pearson-Vue I am planning on going with New York Life and selling Life, Annuities and Long Term Care

Be careful with LicensetoGo. I used to have new recruits use them back when I was a asst. manager and the fail rate was very high compared to a in-class course we used in Richmond.

I think the biggest thing with any course is the language. So know your synonyms. If you learned about express, implied "powers" in the course and on the test you see express authority or implied authority it may throw you off.

I can't remember the name of the place in Richmond but it's right by the DMV and off of broad street if I'm remembering it correctly.

Good Luck.

I am in Virginia--testing is done thru Pearson-Vue I am planning on going with New York Life and selling Life, Annuities and Long Term Care

Where do you live in Virginia? I highly recommend Financial Academy in Richmond or Roanoke. I just took their P&C 2 day class and I passed my exam on the first try. I didn't use them for my L&H license because I took an online course, and it sucked. I had a friend who went to work for State Farm, and he used Financial Academy for both of his licenses, and he passed both on the first time and he took both in the same week.

He let me borrow his L&H book from Financial Acadamy before I took the test ,and it is because of that book that I passed it on the first time. There was information on the test that wasn't in my online class. They say they have an almost 100% pass rate.

I also have some online practice test that you can use if they haven't expired yet.

Hi VaDwayne,
Thanks for the advice. If you still have any of those online practice tests to pass along, that would be great.

Hello,
I am also testing for the VA life and health. Which practice testing sites would you all recommend? I'm not sure which tests are the best, i.e. (AD Banker, Pearson Vue or exam simulator)I am using the traditional study methods but I just don't feel confident without a practice exam. Does anyone happen to know if any of the practice tests let you take them over and over? I unfortunately bought the Pearon Vue one, it's only active for a week and you can only go through the questions 1 time. I'm starting to become very frustrated as I have failed the State section by 2 points, twice. There's a lot of pressure on to get this done. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back