Patient Assistance Programs

agentbd7

My question is rather short and sweet. When it comes to PAPs; How extensive do pharmaceutical companies investigate whether or not a particular person is on "Part D"?

Thanks.

My question is rather short and sweet. When it comes to PAPs; How extensive do pharmaceutical companies investigate whether or not a particular person is on "Part D"?

Thanks.
From experience, they don't at all. However some companies won't give you the drugs if you are eligible for Part D.

Rick

From experience, they don't at all. However some companies won't give you the drugs if you are eligible for Part D.

Rick

So if they are enrolled they wouldn't have to pay he co-pay for the drugs just pay the premium for part d and take advantage of the PAPs? Would that be a correct assumption?

So if they are enrolled they wouldn't have to pay he co-pay for the drugs just pay the premium for part d and take advantage of the PAPs? Would that be a correct assumption?
I don't quite understand the question. All you need do with most PAPs is to say the person is not enrolled in Part D. This may be a non-truth and I won't suggest you do anything that isn't ethical (officially).

Rick

I agree but the limitations as far as un-enrollment of part d I think is absolutely ridiculous. If a person is paying any amount for co-pay and this is a huge financial burden to someone why would they want to continue to pay when in essence they can reap the benefits of the paps. It doesn't add up to me. Its hard to believe with low income people how this system is operating.

Back