Pay Per Click Advertising Results

Nanci

Expert
I am about to begin advertsing via Google Adwords and I am just curious what type of results other P & C Agents have experienced from this form of advertising. For example, how many clicks per day did you average, how many clicks resulted in a quote, and how many quotes resulted in a sale. Thanks in advance for your input!

insurance is the toughest business to sell with adwords because of the competition. insurance industry brings in 24% of google's adword revenue.

but with that being said, there is still money to be made with adwords. I usually only spend about $25 per week, which gets me about 10-15 clicks, which leads to 4-5 quotes, and I avg about 1 sale per week from adwords (2 if I'm lucky).

when I did the math overall, I have a positive short term return on investment, but BARELY! I do just a tiny bit better than breaking even. but of course any policy that renews in 6-12 months is all gravy. that's where the real money is made with adwords.

some suggestions for you:
-pay manually so you're in control of spending
-stay away from general keywords that cost a fortune per click
-after some time, google will offer you a free credit (usually $100). use it wisely because you only get it once.
-be sure you know exactly what you're doing before you jump into it. you can really lose your butt if you dont know what you're doing. Be sure to educate yourself beforehand. Perry Marshall has some good books out that explains adwords very well.
hope this helps

I tried it for 3 months, $20 per day and did not break even. I stopped it. In comparison internet leads worked better for me.
I am trying Yelp now for 3 months to see how it does.

I have been using google adwords for a few months for health and you have to advertise niche markets. I use around 9 campaigns with the $100 free credit from Google and it has paid for itself already. I limit myself to 2 clicks per day and still haven't used up my Iimit. I think another important aspect is your website. How simple is it to navigate? How easy is it to get quotes? If people don't like your site and get the information they want they move on so get your website ready first

I tried it for 3 months, $20 per day and did not break even. I stopped it. In comparison internet leads worked better for me.
I am trying Yelp now for 3 months to see how it does.

How has Yelp been working out so far? I didn't like how my reviews on Yelp started to disappear after a while (that's why I haven't started yet).

I have heard some agents who have said they will click on your links to rack up your bill so that you will get off it....

I was on google for a while. It's was costing more than it was generating leads.

RBA,
that was one of my concerns when I started ppc... competitors purposefully clicking on my ads to rack up the bill. I spoke to a google rep about it. he told me they have strong metrics in place to prevent that, and that google can easily identify a new visitor from a returning vistior.

also, many people will click on their own ads over and over. this is known as "click fraud". google shuts people down when they catch them, and they catch them doing this often.

it just so happens that what they use to detect click fraud also helps them detect when competitors are intentionally clicking on ads. google says not to worry about it. but just to be safe, I keep an eye on the IP numbers of those who click on my ads.

Last edited:
Back