Paying for leads

Cold calling can be very successful and not nearly as difficult as one may believe when done properly. Using the phone is an art. An agent can't simply take a "script" and start calling. It doesn't work! There is so much more to it than that. It is a learned skill when done properly.

What is said, the way it is said and the timing with which it is said is incredibly important. If any one of those three elements aren't done perfectly the call is not going to be successful. When perfectly executed it becomes very easy.

After sixteen years of selling Med Supps I am convinced purchasing "leads" to call isn't a whole lot different than purchasing a list except for the expense. Actually I have found that calling from a list is much more effective than using direct mail reply cards.

Leads may be necessary to sell other lines of insurance but I believe for the most part they are a waste of money when selling Med Supps.

Cold Calling , Buying Leads, using a Dialer, Referrals, Partnering with a non-competitive Agent/Agency that you can cross refer clients, current policy holders, website referrals, door knocking .....

I think it's impossible to fit one style or marketing plan with every agent. Advice or sharing experience is okay, however, let the guys (and gals) make mistakes and find their own way.

The ones that learn to swim won't drown.

Does it pay to buy leads? also was wondering about using appointment setters:GEEK: I am not lazy just having a hard time with cold calling.

Most lead sources are a waste of money, and some are thieves. Do NOT use Scott Nickason/Synergy Leads in Texas. The guy took my money, or should i say he stole my money, and has not provided the leads we agreed to. Only give these lead source companies a little money at a time.

It also depends where you live. I know on the west coast most people rely heavily on Yelp reviews. We asked every client to write us a review if they liked our service. I can't even tell you how many calls we got from people that wanted a quote when they saw we had 5 stars on Yelp. But apparently the whole world isn't using yelp yet?

Good information. I am starting to sell Final Expense Ins. and have a question about who you would recommend for lead generation. What should be the close ratio on this type of insurance lead. I am considering using Monumental Ins. to start for FE leads. Is this a good source. I plan to use their FE product.

I know some people that are doing very well with Lincoln Heritage but I dont know much about the Final expanse arena

Latest posts

Back