Paying Mega $1300/mo and Nothing I Can Do to Help

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Talked to a guy today. 55 yrs old. Has a Mega policy he has owned since 1998. Wanted to see what I can do.

So I get his ht & wt (good), no tobacco, no alcohol.

How about meds?

Most of the time, nothing, but about once a month I have an "episode" and I have to take Oxycontin.

What kind of episode.

I have a genetic blood disorder.

(This is not going to be good, I can tell already).

What kind of blood disorder?

Sickle cell SC.

You know that killed the deal right there. Can't believe Mega issued the policy. Can't believe they didn't try to wiggle out during his 2 hospitalizations (last one 8 yrs ago).

But he is stuck. Not a thing I can do for him.

Nice guy. Wish I could help but lately it seems the only ones I talk to are in the same boat with him.

When the new health bill goes into effect on GI, you can sell him a policy and make $50 bucks. Hang in there, the big payday is coming.

Talked to a guy today. 55 yrs old. Has a Mega policy he has owned since 1998. Wanted to see what I can do.

So I get his ht & wt (good), no tobacco, no alcohol.

How about meds?

Most of the time, nothing, but about once a month I have an "episode" and I have to take Oxycontin.

What kind of episode.

I have a genetic blood disorder.

(This is not going to be good, I can tell already).

What kind of blood disorder?

Sickle cell SC.

You know that killed the deal right there. Can't believe Mega issued the policy. Can't believe they didn't try to wiggle out during his 2 hospitalizations (last one 8 yrs ago).

But he is stuck. Not a thing I can do for him.

Nice guy. Wish I could help but lately it seems the only ones I talk to are in the same boat with him.

No GI policy from BCBS in GA?

Back