PDP app, withdrawn / cancelled, current remains - correct?

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Clarifying...

Current client submitted a PDP app a week ago. Based on the info she gave me, we did a new app for a new part d for her.

New info came in, and she would be better off with the original. I instructed her to call the new carrier and withdraw the application.

Because the new Part D policy will not go in to effect, the current Part D plan will not be automatically cancelled, correct?

Also, would it matter if the 2019 Part D plan had a "pending" status or an "issued - future coverage" status?

Assuming, no... but again, just don't want her to have no Part D next year and I'm willing to re-write her current Part D just to be sure, but I also don't want to waste time...

My understanding is that as long as she calls and cancels prior to the effective date then her current coverage will remain intact.

Do both actually. Call and cancel and get last app in. We had a client last year moved companies from talking to another agent who did not verify her meds. Was going to cost her a lot more out of pocket to switch it back. Tried doing last app in to get her back to original carrier. Original carrier rejected the app because she was already enrolled with them, even though Medicare.gov was showing future coverage as new carrier. Cover all of your basis here.

Back