PDP Drug Formulary Shift

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got an email from a client regarding his Silver Script plan.

I received a booklet from SilverScript that showed 2017 rates. It appears that their monthly premium is going up to 23.00 but more disturbing is that my tier 1 and 2 drugs co-pay is going up over 50%?

Are other plans having this kind of shift?

I don't mind the premium going up a little only some of the generics are already $6 or $8 few at $10, I would hate to see a $15 copay on generic

Does that 50% increase in copay mean from $2 to $3? If so, I've gotten calls like that.

I think there has to be a rule implemented that you can't complain about a rate adjustment or "50℅" increase if it is under $10 bucks. I get so many of those too and it is almost hard to not laugh when they demand to change because of the massive increase. My ss check didn't go up 50%!!

Does that 50% increase in copay mean from $2 to $3? If so, I've gotten calls like that.

Can't say. He didn't provide details. Told him we would look at it when AEP opens up

I received a booklet from SilverScript that showed 2017 rates. It appears that their monthly premium is going up to 23.00 but more disturbing is that my tier 1 and 2 drugs co-pay is going up over 50%?

The current SilverScript Choice plan in California is $23.10. Your insured is probably looking at the 2016 premium rate?? I seriously doubt your insured has received anything yet for 2017. The ANOC's haven't even been mail as yet.

SS is $19.80 in GA for 2016. Can't say if ANOC's have been sent out yet or not.

The current SilverScript Choice plan in California is $23.10. Your insured is probably looking at the 2016 premium rate?? I seriously doubt your insured has received anything yet for 2017. The ANOC's haven't even been mail as yet.

FYI - We received our 2017 Silverscript info. 10 days ago. Current out of
pocket price for 1-160mg amlodipine besylate-valsartan is $2.29 and will increase in January 2017 to $17.00

FYI - We received our 2017 Silverscript info. 10 days ago. Current out of
pocket price for 1-160mg amlodipine besylate-valsartan is $2.29 and will increase in January 2017 to $17.00

Currently, Amlodipine Besylate-Valarrtan with SilverScript is a tier 2 drug, $17 copy

Back