PDP for Med Supp Clients

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
Do you spend the time to go thru a PDP presentation for your clients that buy a Med Supp or do you just refer them to medicare.gov to enroll by phone?

If ALL they want is PDP---forget it. I have them call and do the Wal Mart Plan

If they are doing a Med Supp and I can do the PDP app at the same time---for $20 bucks or whatever I will do it

But when the PDP starts dropping drugs or pharmacies I am usually sorry I wrote it

Do you spend the time to go thru a PDP presentation for your clients that buy a Med Supp or do you just refer them to medicare.gov to enroll by phone?
I always help my med supp clients find an Rx plan and enroll them if the plan contracts with agents, show them how to self-enroll if not. I then give them their drug ID and show them how to review every year. Small money, but good at protecting persistency and I've found it gets me lots of new clients due to referrals. I've stopped marketing and still can hardly keep up with the referrals, which I attribute--at least in part--to offering ongoing help every year with the part of Medicare they find the most confusing.

How many prospects buying med supps in aep do not expect a face to face meeting with an agent to include discussion about pdp? fortunately i work mostly referrals so don't have to worry about accusations of bait and switch when setting appointments med supp/pdp/ma but very rarely have i had a referral for a med supp and the prospect didn't want to talk with me about possibly being their agent for the pdp as well.

Back