PDP for Med Supp Clients

If someone buys their Med Supp through me, I will run a Medicare Plan Finder for them. If the top plan is one I'm certified for, I will write the app. If not, I enroll them through Medicare's web site.
I Let my clients know that Medicare Part D is charity work for me.
My clients appreciate my efforts!
The only attrition I have are clients that die.
This is a referral business.
Seniors talk about Medicare Part D with other seniors.
During AEP, I get many, many calls from seniors that don't have a Med Supp through my office looking for help on Part D. They were referred by an existing client.
I will help them with Medicare Part D if they will allow we to review their existing Med Supp. They are all willing!
Easy $$$$$!

If someone buys their Med Supp through me, I will run a Medicare Plan Finder for them. If the top plan is one I'm certified for, I will write the app. If not, I enroll them through Medicare's web site.
I Let my clients know that Medicare Part D is charity work for me.
My clients appreciate my efforts!
The only attrition I have are clients that die.
This is a referral business.
Seniors talk about Medicare Part D with other seniors.
During AEP, I get many, many calls from seniors that don't have a Med Supp through my office looking for help on Part D. They were referred by an existing client.
I will help them with Medicare Part D if they will allow we to review their existing Med Supp. They are all willing!
Easy $$$$$!

That was a great post, nice upfront contract you have there...very smart!

Wish we had the birthday rule in NC like CA has. Sometimes get referrals whose lists of meds are so long that they aren't moving med supps. Oh well, either pro bono work or building up my karma...

We do pdp completely for all medigap clients. It is either with us or someone else. We even had pdp only clients, they have been some of the richest referral sources ever. Treat all clients the same, they'll treat you well by spreading the word.

You nailed it G. Gordon. You may think you are wasting your time helping someone with a PDP and making $28.00 but it will pay off many times over in future business from this person and also referrals.

We do pdp completely for all medigap clients. It is either with us or someone else. We even had pdp only clients, they have been some of the richest referral sources ever. Treat all clients the same, they'll treat you well by spreading the word.

If anyone is looking to build a Med Supp empire, heed these words!
I spend $0 on marketing.
I come to my office and the telephone starts ringing, or, people walk in.
All referrals.

The last couple of years I've pretty much stuck to only do pdp plans for current clients unless I could do an easy silver script email. If someone wanted to drive an half an hour to show them pdp plans and they weren't a client, I refused it.

Well back in 2009, when I was new to the biz, I was willing to help anyone and I signed up a husband and wife on UHC pdp plan. I just got a call from them and they need to pick up a Med supp from me because their employer plan is going away. I'm glad I was desperate back then.

During AEP, I probably pick up 50-60 Med Supp leads on people I've helped with Part D. If I can save then money, and, they are in good health, I'll write their Med Supp now. Or, If their health is frail, I'll just flag my calendar for their next birthday.

During AEP, I probably pick up 50-60 Med Supp leads on people I've helped with Part D. If I can save then money, and, they are in good health, I'll write their Med Supp now. Or, If their health is frail, I'll just flag my calendar for their next birthday.

Ding!! Exactly why we do what we do the way we do it.

We've picked up over 100 new clients per AEP for the past three in a row. We ended our 2015 year over 350 new clients that is counting 10/1 to 10/1.

Back