PDP Premiums for 2008

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
This is re-threaded from my post in late 2007 for those who might have missed it. We have so many new agents here.

Is it just me or have the premiums for PDP plans taken rather large increase for next next year?

I took a quick look and it seems that most of the $20-25 plans in 2007 are now in the mid $30 range.

Also, I could not find a plan that covers in the gap including brand.

Rick

Don't just look at the premium increases on the Part D's..
Higher deductibles, higher copays.
More Rx's requiring step therapy & PA.
Tight formularies.
I can deal premium increases. It when premiums increase AND benefits decrease I tend to get my underwear in a bind.

All the above and lower commissions.

Tight formularies.
I can deal premium increases. It when premiums increase AND benefits decrease I tend to get my underwear in a bind.

Boy, you nailed it on the head!

I was a little slow on the uptake about this... but this last year's dramatic impact caught my attention. Year before last, it was poor compensation. Last year, it was decidedly poor coverage for the clients....

With a trend like this, it won't be long before we all will just have to go to WalMart and hope the drugs they have will be enough!

Tight formularies.

If the Senate accepts the H.R. 4872 revisions, then coverage gap people will have a rebate check for up to $250. "Cash for a Gap"! :unsure:

If the Senate accepts the H.R. 4872 revisions, then coverage gap people will have a rebate check for up to $250. "Cash for a Gap"! :unsure:
I note your sarcasm, but to the uninitiated, $250 will most likely not even pay for one drug for one month. I have some clients whose drugs cost $600/mo.... EACH.

I still remember one poor fellow I called on about two years ago that rolled out a cart of drugs when I asked him about his Rx! No joke! There must have been over a 100 drug vials on his cart. I asked him how many he took a day, and he said "All of them"! I almost choked... if I had to take that many drugs I wouldn't have room in my stomach for food, let alone be able to function normally....

Not many clients are drugged this heavily, but some reach the "donut" hole in February of each year... does that tell you something about their Rx costs?

Back