Pending For Signatures Not Matching AFTER Ammendment?

I was hoping to use SNL as a go to carrier but this is making me think again.

I am in a state where SNL is not available - I can't tell you how many times I wish they were here. From everything I hear from others who do use SNL as a go to you have made a good choice. You screwed up your first case - not them. It happens. Guess what - it will not be the first time you screw something up. It could be worse - you could be using Trans who will send back an amendment if they feel the signatures are too similar. Nothing like going back to the client for the third time and saying, "this time, Mr. Client, would you mind signing this with your left hand instead ... just to be sure?"

Last edited:
I know it sounds like I'm just complaining, but I'm really just trying to understand how often things like this happen because it's ridiculous

it is ridiculous in the mind of those of us that have been agents. but as a carrier that is held to consumer protection laws or could be called as a witness in a murder for hire situation, they are likely looking at something that is a red flag & want to make sure it is legit. A forged signature could be from a beneficiary who would benefit from a death claim, not just a forgery by an agent. Carriers have a responsibility to confirm the identity & also that the consumer is protected from potential fraud by an agent or someone else.

about a decade ago, an agent with our company was terminated, not solely because he forged an innocent signature on another carriers 1035 form right next to the clients actual signature on the same form in the wrong spot. Had he come clean & admitted it, wouldn't have been an issue, but he lied & acted like some person broke in his office overnight & signed in the wrong spot & faxed it back in within 15 minutes of receiving the request from the carrier. It was not only a horrible attempt at forging the clients signature, but he didn't even allow enough time to make it look like he contacted the insured, etc. It was laziness.

It happens, but is really rare. I am certain the majority of forged signatures are missed when a spouse or office secretary signs for the insured

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. There's some good points here, and I've learned that there are all types of weird things like this I have to be ready for. As I read on here recently, we don't get paid high commissions because it's easy to deal with these companies all the time.

It will probably turn out for the best since I'm going to rewrite her with Trans SS billing, and she would have likely lapsed if I left it with SNL through DE.

What @Allen Trent said in regards to forgery makes sense. I guess it's easy to get consumed with my own agenda, and there are real families we're protecting, so I have to make sure I'm helping them get an air tight deal.

@DayTimer good points. I need to be flexible enough to adjust even if I think it's bonkers. Their companies, their rules.

Thanks everyone else for the input. If nothing else, I now know to always use the same color ink your client did. :laugh::biggrin::yes::fibs:

Back