Penn Life

I began my insurance career with Penn Life. The first 30 days was great. The training was structured with strong sales ethics concentrated in the medicare market. It should be illegal to compensate the sales force with such low cut-rate commissions. No agent support, managers treat you like you have a zero salary job where you are penalized not to recieve any leads or current information if you dont stay in the office hours every day and refuse to release you if you request to go non captive. Much like MLM in that the system is based on having a downline, the big dogs are wagging their tails while everyone else is struggling in captivity. Not an agent friendly company in my experience. You really need to do your homework be sure that the company is alligned with your goals and know you will have to work at least twice as hard as the next agent in sales and recruiting. Good luck.

I began my insurance career with Penn Life. The first 30 days was great. The training was structured with strong sales ethics concentrated in the medicare market. It should be illegal to compensate the sales force with such low cut-rate commissions. No agent support, managers treat you like you have a zero salary job where you are penalized not to recieve any leads or current information if you dont stay in the office hours every day and refuse to release you if you request to go non captive. Much like MLM in that the system is based on having a downline, the big dogs are wagging their tails while everyone else is struggling in captivity. Not an agent friendly company in my experience. You really need to do your homework be sure that the company is alligned with your goals and know you will have to work at least twice as hard as the next agent in sales and recruiting. Good luck.

I did not start my career with them, they were 2nd. I do agree with everything you posted except I recieved good traing and my manager was trained me good and was a good guy. The guy that ran the office was an ass though and commissions sucked and thats why I left.

Back