People are absolutely clueless about Medicare

I explain in my first call that the plans receive payment from govt in exchange for replacing the Medicare coverage for the time they are on the plan
yeah, it's not an "always" question, but an "often enough to be noticeable" one. Terms like "replacing" can lead to "you mean I would LOSE my Medicare coverage -- because they're REPLACING it?!?" conversations. Again, not difficult to unspool, but an example of "realities people never really have had to think about before, & likely won't have to ever again"

yeah, it's not an "always" question, but an "often enough to be noticeable" one. Terms like "replacing" can lead to "you mean I would LOSE my Medicare coverage -- because they're REPLACING it?!?" conversations. Again, not difficult to unspool, but an example of "realities people never really have had to think about before, & likely won't have to ever again"

That is not difficult to answer either, For the time you are on the policy your Medicare will be inoperable, That means the Ins company will pay the claims instead of Medicare, And you will be subject to the plans networks, They use the network saving and the govt money to provide the benefit.

If and when you leave the plan your Medicare then pays the benefits.

However, if you would like Medicare to remain the primary insurance we can go with a Medicare supplement that will give you more freedom in doctors you can see.

Vic120 hit it right on the head. Since the true explanation can be very complex you need to make it as easy as possible so they understand why the product is free. And ultimately it is not free… They still have to maintain their part B for $134 per month unless a carrier has some type a buyback.

Back