Percentage of Leads Received Are Under Age 60

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have been working DM for 6 months and am reviewing my results. Does anyone keep up with how many of their leads are under the age of 60? What percentage of leads received is normal for this age? At what percentage of leads received should I get concerned?

Who do you work with? You seem to have a lot of issues lol

As for the question I never track that... Not enough where it has crossed my mind.

I doubt anyone will have a exact percentage.

I have been working DM for 6 months and am reviewing my results. Does anyone keep up with how many of their leads are under the age of 60? What percentage of leads received is normal for this age? At what percentage of leads received should I get concerned?

Why would it matter if they are buyers?

That's something I've never tracked. But I did go take a look at the 15 leads I got yesterday. 5 are under 60 and 3 more were 60. 1 didn't put an age on there.

That's probably a normal representation? Or close anyway. I get quite a few in their 50's.

Do you consider that age the ideal FE prospect? I believe TPAAgent commented on this in a post earlier this week.

I am not an FE expert but to be the ideal prospect of any kind is anyone who has shown an interest in buying that has the ability to pay.. The under age 60 group may not be the ideal prospect to mail to but if someone in that age bracket responds saying they have an interest, it doesn't matter their age.

Hard to believe the op has been in the business 40 yrs. He asks the stupidest questions . We'd all love to work ages 60-78. But it'll cost you $45 a lead under fixed cost . When you run ages 50-85 I bet 35% of the leads are 50-55 and 80-85.Just like running income filters . It seems many of the people actually work so much more night time work. Every filter and demographic has its pluses and minuses.

I am just trying to review my results and see if I need to make some changes. The percentage of leads under age 60 and over age 80 that I have received is much higher than any numbers posted so I am concerned. Some are like TPAAgent described and some still work and I am having a very hard time making contact. I have door knocked, called and even had an appointment setter try with little result. Been in this business 40 years October 3rd, but have not worked FE all of that time and have only worked DM leads about 6 months. If you think my questions are stupid then don't answer.

Last edited:
Hard to believe the op has been in the business 40 yrs. He asks the stupidest questions . We'd all love to work ages 60-78. But it'll cost you $45 a lead under fixed cost . When you run ages 50-85 I bet 35% of the leads are 50-55 and 80-85.Just like running income filters . It seems many of the people actually work so much more night time work. Every filter and demographic has its pluses and minuses.
Why would it cost $45? Are you in a poor performing state?
All of our agents run 60-80, and in most states stay around $28 depending on the mail piece they use and income filter.

Why would it cost $45? Are you in a poor performing state?
All of our agents run 60-80, and in most states stay around $28 depending on the mail piece they use and income filter.

I am in FL and that lead filter is not available.

Back