Pet Insurance

Mr. Bill

Guru
1000 Post Club
Has anyone actually offered pet insurance? If so, which company(ies) are worth looking into? I can't tell you how many people have told me recently how they've spent thousands of dollars on their pet's health.

Has anyone actually offered pet insurance? If so, which company(ies) are worth looking into? I can't tell you how many people have told me recently how they've spent thousands of dollars on their pet's health.

After speaking to a Veterinarian I was told that VPI is who they commonly see clients use. Unfortunately, after researching VPI and the compeitition it became quickly apparent they want agents with a P&C license.

Here you go WikiAnswers - How do you become a pet insurance agent

When VPI first came out in the late 90's, I called the CEO and we talked. At that time he said he was not planning on setting up any kind of agent distribution channel for the product. I always thought it would be a good side-sale for clients who own pets.

Most vets I have talked to use VPI and it is considered the best pet insurance plan on the market.

Dave

I was going to start a thread on this because lately I did notice Purina Healthcare for pets has been advertising for the hiring of agents and managers in San Antonio. I think it may be a call center, or maybe a health insurance store for pets, who knows. I think they did mention a P&C license. careerbuilder job in San Antonio.

Pet insurance is a great idea since some people care more about their pets than they do their human counterparts.

Wellpoint has offered these plans for years.

They are now mailing the applications to the Vets to verify for pre existing conditions, and are rescinding a lot of policies.

Hillary has announced a new plan to insure the estimated 40 million uninsured pets in America without any pre existing exclusions.

John McCain suggests we allow the purchase cross state lines and allow pets across America to unite via association to lower costs.

I can't get people to buy a $90/mo Human plan yet people have money for this? Huge waste of money.

Wow, sounds like what BX just got nailed for in CA...Imagine making a vet review an app for preexisting conditions!!! How could they!

And as far as Hillary's plan, do you think she really cares? Look what happened to Buddy.

Back