PET PEEVE- P&C does not stand for personal lines...

I cant tell you how many times I see even very experienced insurance professionals use the term to delineate between personal lines and commercial lines.

When you say Property, it means both personal property and business property. When you say Liability, it can be for personal or business. P&C is all encompassing of the entire property and casualty world.

Personal lines is what you MEAN to say, and commercial lines is also P&C.

I come in peace, but come on these are the basics.

I cant tell you how many times I see even very experienced insurance professionals use the term to delineate between personal lines and commercial lines.

When you say Property, it means both personal property and business property. When you say Liability, it can be for personal or business. P&C is all encompassing of the entire property and casualty world.

Personal lines is what you MEAN to say, and commercial lines is also P&C.

I come in peace, but come on these are the basics.

Haha, yeah, I've noticed that too. So, I guess then they aren't "very experienced insurance professionals" then? There are a lot of people that dabble in commercial, but do it poorly. This is a good example. Part of the reason my business is thriving.

It's funny... every time I read this, the voices in my head have a particular Gomer Pyle type accent.

uzezr.jpg

Back