PFFS Suspension lifted

G

Just got this email....

August 7, 2007

It’s Great News …
The Today’s Options Suspension is LIFTED!

And for ALL of us, it’s a trio of proud firsts.

You are associated with
… the first company reviewed by CMS.
… the first company certified to resume 2007 sales to

• [*]the turning 65s,
    [*]those eligible for a Special Election Period (SEPs), and
    [*]members of employer groups or associations.
… the first company APPROVED to certify agents for the 2008 selling season.

We wanted you to be the first to know.

What’s next?

Watch your e-mails for the important details on training and recertification—SOON!

I just received the same e-mail from our friend Anthony, Antwon002.

If you are looking to sign up to sell Pyramid I couldn't recommend anyone better. Give him a call if you have questions.

What good is the lift if agents have no kits? Remember, they told us to throw out the apps. Now folks have to re-order new ones....are they already printed, are they ready to be shipped and how soon?

Questions, Questions

What good is the lift if agents have no kits? Remember, they told us to throw out the apps. Now folks have to re-order new ones....are they already printed, are they ready to be shipped and how soon?

Questions, Questions
Actually, I don't remember Pyramid telling us to throw out the apps. Other carriers told us to do this, but Pyramid has been silent.

They have yet to tell us if we can jump in and sell based upon our 2007 certification or if we need another training session.

It's almost as if they said "come for dinner" but there's nothing there to eat.

Rick

I posted something about that on thread "trash day". I can also add Coventry to that list, and secure Horizons was already mentioned.

From what I read (and I don't know jack about PFFS) the main reason for the suspension was agents telling seniors they could see any doctor which was apparently not the case. How has this been solved?

Reading between Coventry's lines, I got the impression they would be adding stickers to existing material. They also talked about a new tri-fold card that describes how to prequailify your doctors to accept the PFFS.

From what I read (and I don't know jack about PFFS) the main reason for the suspension was agents telling seniors they could see any doctor which was apparently not the case. How has this been solved?

Producers must amend statements regarding participating providers with "You may receive health care services from any provider allowed to bill Medicare who agrees to accept the Private Fee-for-service plan’s payment terms and conditions."

They also seem to have increased the burden on the beneficiary by asking them to contact their desired providers prior to appointments. If the provider states they don't accept the PFFS T&C then the beneficiary is supposed to call the company to have a rep call the provider and sell them on the PFFS.

If at that time the provider still does not accept the PFFS T&C then the beneficiary is told to find a different provider.

Coventry is printing tri-fold cards that have instructions for the beneficiary on how to sell their provider on the PFFS.

Then I would think if insurance companies want this to work they need to target their efforts on doctors, expanding the network and clarifying any possible confusing doctors might have. They cannot dump all this on the agents and clients. All it takes is one call from the senior to their doctor and hear "I don't know if we take this or not" and it's over.

Back