Phone Appointment setting

NCnatwidagent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi everyone,

In making phone calls to set appointments for mainly life sales. Does anyone have a particular day that works best for reaching prospects?

I know appt setting is an ongoing process, but I like to take a day for office administrative things and use that time for phone calls.

Monday seems to work well, I have a friend that uses Friday but I don't seem to have much luck with Friday. It would be great to have all appts set on Friday, that way Monday morning I could hit the ground running.

Just curious what works best for others.
Thanks,
John

The concept of setting aside one day a week to set appointments on the surface sounds great and appears to be a very efficient way of budgeting one's time.

However, I can tell you that in the senior market it doesn't work! It doesn't seem to matter what you are trying to sell them, life, Med Supp or LTCi.

I have found in general that if I make an appointment very much beyond the next day, I can almost count on them either not being there, hiding in the house and not answering the door, (I have called them on my cell and they answer.) or deciding to "stay right where they are".

Also, spending the entire 10 hour day on he phone trying to set appointments for the week really sucks. My most productive time to set appointments is between 5:30 and 8:30 pm.

My goal is to write one app a day that stays on the books. I'm talking about Med Supp apps.

Frank, I can understand that exactly. I don't target just seniors, but seems that some of my appointments made 4-6 days in advance are the same way.

This month I'm targeting 25-55 year olds that don't have any life insurance with my agency. Seems Friday is just a bad day to either catch them at home or they're just to busy to talk on the phone. I'm having better luck on Mondays. I'm setting aside about 2hrs in the afternoon and evening. I've sat all day calling for appointments with another company and it really sucks.
Breaking it up this way maybe a couple times a week might be better for me.
Thanks!

so you want to come over to my house and talk to me about dieing......hummmmmm....

Saturday 9:00AM -11:00AM is gold. Start with the older people first, they get up earlier. Call the 30 and unders starting around 10:00AM.

To improve your odds of success, you should only calls on days when your prospects will be home. As an added bonus, only call during the times they will be home.

Only call those who have a recognized need and ability to pay for your product.

And . . . only call those who are ready to buy.

By incorporating these steps I have dramatically increased my ROI.

Back