Phone Appointments - EASY scheduling

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
I found a pretty cool piece of technology that is FREE that I wanted to share.

Occasionally people e-mail me - as I'm sure they do you as well - asking to set up a time to talk. You reply with 2 or three options, "pencil them in," then they pick one or say those times don't work, can we do a different time...etc.

Or you are talking to the wife, she says, "Let me get with my husband and see what time works for him, then we'll get back to you and see if that works for you, blah blah blah...."

I've started using simplybook.me - and I'll send them the link to my site and basically say, "pick any time!" and they can schedule it.

So far, it has worked well. You can customize it... i.e., allow no same-day appts... you can set the number of weeks in advance an appt can be set (i.e., if you don't want someone requesting something in January, just set it to work that way). It also can sync with your google calendar and it will "block" any days/times when you already have something on your calendar.

In other works, you have full control, but if you have free space on your google calendar, they can just set a time for you to call them.

My account is Free because I only picked 1 premium feature - which is google calendar sync. I have the link now in my signature line - anyone can set up a time to talk in 3 clicks. It's awesome.

My only issue would be that I have clients all the way from Jacksonville to Tampa. I couldn't have them scheduled on the same day. Is there a way to separate them by city?

My only issue would be that I have clients all the way from Jacksonville to Tampa. I couldn't have them scheduled on the same day. Is there a way to separate them by city?

I only use it for Phone appointments.

You could probably use it for in-person meetings - I know you can set up "duration" so if someone picks noon on Tuesday it can block out as much time as you set it for (i.e. 2 hours just to give enough time). Not sure how well that would work, though.

I'm not really sure how well it would work for scheduling face to face, unless you use it to schedule people at your office if you have one.

Yet another option that I use is Setmore. It's free and also integrates with Calendar and other applications like Zapier. If you have a website, you can put a booking widget there, too.

Back