Phone & Internet Friendly IMO or Carriers?

308ar10

Expert
Florida
Just passed my life insurance exam and I am waiting on my license to arrive. I am looking for recommendations from the members of the forum.

Right now and I am a bit overwhelmed with the 'Where do I start?' part of this.

I am looking to spend about half my time with phone sales and I currently have 3 complete websites to generate leads. I would also like to be able to do GI/SI type products for this if possible. Ideally, I could have quoting software available right on my own website to generate a lead for me to call and sell by phone.

The rest of my time would be door knocking and events/networking. I would like to be able to have the quoting software available to compare quotes remotely (even if its off my own site) so that I could get an app started right there and have a quote ready.

Anyway, is there a way to do this with direct appointments and software or would I need an IMO to provide this kind of stuff?

Any advice and/or criticism is appreciated!!

----------

Not a single response? Yikes!

Based on product offerings, I am looking at the following companies:

- Sagicor
- Guardian
- TransAmerica

Are these companies going to be easy to work with for phone sales? Pros & Cons you can think of?

Feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
Congrats on passing the exam!

I would recommend using an IMO. Most work remotely with you (phone & internet) so you don't have to go to their office to conduct business. Paper forms are available from the carriers that require them via a login page within the IMO's site. Any carrier that allows eApps will provide you with direct login info to their site.

There is nothing that says you can't use more than one IMO, although I believe you can't be contracted with the same carrier for the same product at both IMOs, i.e. Transamerica Life at IMO A and IMO B. At my firm, we use one IMO for life & annuities and another for Medicare Supplement insurance. Our Med. Supp. IMO does offer life & annuities as well, but we don't use them for that.

I want to comply with the site's 'no SPAM' policy, so please PM me if you want to continue this discussion. I don't want my first post to be my only post! :cool:

Also, if you go directly to a carrier, some may require you to be a captive agent rather than be able to work with multiple insurance companies, which is another good reason to use an IMO.

Last edited:
First, there is a vendor on this forum that has an excellent FE quote engine that also has an embedded feature for your website and also has a mobile app for android and iphone. www.FexQuotes.com is the website.

You may also look to www.ienetwork.com for a term quote engine for your website and mobile apps. They work off the Compulife software engine and an authorized reseller. Compulife is also on this forum.

Good Luck to you.

Thanks for the replies!

Pawly, I sent you a PM.

TwiLight, thank you for the link to IEnetwork. I had not seen that one before and it looks very easy to use. I also just spent a good bit of time reading through compulife's site to become more familiar with the system itself.

Any feedback on Pinney Insurance for an IMO? I like the EZlife setup and it looks like they have a nice lineup of carriers. I just seems like that might be an easy way to kill two birds with one stone. IMO + online quoter.

We use ienetworks to host one of our sites. Their quoting engine is nice, and you receive an email when someone submits a quote. Their additional services are fairly priced too.

I'm betting that persistency is horrid with phone sales. You can't establish any type of trust or bond in 20-30 min's on the phone.You'll be lucky to have 70% persistency.

I guess I should clarify, I don't expect to cold call everybody and take full apps and get payment info right off the first cold call. Can it be done? I'm sure it can. But what I am referring to for the phone 'sales' (in my case) would be mostly follow ups, internet leads/apps being taken by phone and maybe an inbound call or two.

It's not to cheat the client out of face time, but Florida is a big state. I am almost 6 hours (each way) from people at either end of the state and 12 hours would be better spent setting local appointments for the in-person interview, especially when I am just starting out.

Beyond that, I spent the last decade doing sales, most of it phone sales. I assure you, trust and rapport can be built very effectively over the phone. It all depends on the client and, of course, you.

I guess I should clarify, I don't expect to cold call everybody and take full apps and get payment info right off the first cold call. Can it be done? I'm sure it can. But what I am referring to for the phone 'sales' (in my case) would be mostly follow ups, internet leads/apps being taken by phone and maybe an inbound call or two.

It's not to cheat the client out of face time, but Florida is a big state. I am almost 6 hours (each way) from people at either end of the state and 12 hours would be better spent setting local appointments for the in-person interview, especially when I am just starting out.

Beyond that, I spent the last decade doing sales, most of it phone sales. I assure you, trust and rapport can be built very effectively over the phone. It all depends on the client and, of course, you.

Check out ezlifesales.com as well.
Fidelity life is a good one for phone sales as well

Back