Phone Sales Instead of Face to Face in Hot Weather

Ive seen both good and bad about telesales however, if done right, it seems if you are good on the phone you can make a decent living working off a wireless headset in my living room.

Good on the phone... As in setting appointments is completely different then making sales.

I would say people that are good at setting appointments and very short, possibly giving a taste of the product to get them interested, but to the point of closing the appointment. Setting the appt is the goal and they succeed.

Actually selling is much more than a taste. It's the full meal being spoon fed.

It takes the right training or a whole lot of trial an error to get up to speed

Ive seen both good and bad about telesales however, if done right, it seems if you are good on the phone you can make a decent living working off a wireless headset in my living room.

Good on the phone only makes up about 5% of why an agent will make it in telesales.

So what would you say makes up the remaining 95% to be a good telesales agent?

In my opinion its the same 95% that make good face to face agents.

Following a proven system, being coachable, being dependable, having more than enough leads, working the extra hours when you need to, discipline, driven, goal oriented, always improving, blaming yourself for not making the sale (not the customer)... etc.... etc....

The best sales people, are rarely the highest income earners.

Back