Phone script for Medicare changes

I second developing your own, it should feel more natural than using a script made by someone else. I normally don't encourage even using a script because it can hinder just having a conversation "asking questions, finding problems, providing solutions, etc".

I recommend only using them as guides or starters. Just my take.

asking questions, finding problems, providing solutions

Once that technique is mastered you will never have to "sell" or "close" anyone.

When I did F2F about a hundred years ago my appointment consisted of walking in with a pen and yellow pad. No briefcase. No folders. No brochures.

We sat down. I asked questions, listened and made notes.

10 - 15 minutes later they had told me their problem and how they thought was a good way to solve it.

They effectively closed themselves. I did very little beyond listening and suggesting solutions that fit their needs and budget.

Once that technique is mastered you will never have to "sell" or "close" anyone.

When I did F2F about a hundred years ago my appointment consisted of walking in with a pen and yellow pad. No briefcase. No folders. No brochures.

We sat down. I asked questions, listened and made notes.

10 - 15 minutes later they had told me their problem and how they thought was a good way to solve it.

They effectively closed themselves. I did very little beyond listening and suggesting solutions that fit their needs and budget.

That's exactly how I always did it. You educate, they buy.

Godin and Gitomer are two of my favorite authors but their material is often rehashed into a new book.

At the used bookstore over the weekend, I was interested to note that Godin's books and most of Gitomer's books were small ones.

Small books, big ideas.

You are an instigator. I could get in trouble so many different ways here.

The used bookstore didn't have the particular Godin book you were recommending at the moment. So.... I came home with Purple Cow.

Medigap sales is a manufacturing process. There are some constraints and restraints to it so I am having some difficulty transferring the Old Beetle and New Beetle advertising concepts to it. If I say anything like that on the forums, it will probably go over about as well as suggesting that insurance companies pay claims out of inventory.

If Purple Cows are only going to be interesting to look at for awhile, does that mean we should really be looking for green skunks?

I could start a thread called Medigap Sales and Purple Cow Marketing and give my "fan club" another chance to take pot shots at me.

I got crossways with sshafran recently in two different threads on two different issues. One relating to webpages, the other asking for help. I don't have the discipline, comprehension or retention to sit down and read one of these from cover to cover. So I was reading a little here and there and was absolutely astounded when I saw concept and vocabulary relating to those issues.

The webpage issue, besides a technical problem which it was hard for me to believe someone would pay for, let alone defend, was that I did not perceive the page to be purple cow advertising. I thought it was falling into the trap of awareness is enough.

As I read Godin's description of consumer behavior, I thought "I am looking for a sneezer to help me with market focus and product understanding". For those who are already inclined to criticize me, the result is "expecting agents to work for free". It was most interesting for me to see, in a recent thread, that experienced insurance agents can have exactly the same Medigap shopping problems I have as a non-agent consumer.

Back