Phone scripts

jacodaro

Expert
Arizona
Need several for individual/small business. One for telemarketer to generate a lead. One for my followup call. Also, one to generate leads myself.

Next week I get my GA health contracts back from previously discussed unethical MGA. Have written many Med Advantage plans during the interim. Of course, I haven't seen a penny of that yet.

Thanks

Self-generating leads:

"Hi, this is Bob Levine. I'm an insurance agent, here in Decatur. The reason for my call was to find out if you had a group health plan in place, and, if you did, when it comes up for renewal, could I throw my hat in the ring?"

"We just renewed 4 monthgs ago."

"That's fine. Did you receive the information about the changes that were just made, that make it easier, and more affordable, for you to tailor a plan to fit your needs?"

or

"Hi, this is Bob Levine. I'm an insurance agent, here in Decatur. The reason for my call was to find out if your current provider sent you any information regarding the new changes in small group health coverage, that make it more affordable for you to tailor a plan to your needs. Have you received any information about it?"

Now, if you get the "we're happy with what we have", my response is:

I don't doubt that for a minute. I was callling to make sure you received the most recent information that might be of benefit to you and your bottom line. Do I have your permission to send it along?

As for hiring a Telemarketer, you'd have to get someone else's input. I don't hire telemarketers. (that discussion is on another forum)

It is more than a reasonable approach, it is proven to work. I really like Bob's "throw my hat in the ring" line because it is so friendly and non-intrusive. It works well for us!

Question

When you tell the prospect that you'll send he "changes that make group health more affordable, etc." - what EXACTLY are you sending? Are you sending changes in health care legislation, stuff in the news or just rates & a sales pitch?

Ahh, great question, grasshopper. And just the question I want them to ask. That opens up a conversation, so I know what to send. 90% of the time, they do ask exactly what will I be sending, and that is when I ask them what they would like to see.

With the one's that don't ask, I ask them if there is anything, in particular, they would like to see information on. The more they talk, the better my chances of fitting their problem with my solution.

Bob....are the "changes" you're referring to writing individual plans in group settings?

I'm right with caddylou....please enlighten us.

The changes could be anything that you've read in any of the trade publications lately, or the new legislation regarding HSA limits. It could also be a change that a carrier has made to their product line.

More importantly, it is new information they may not have been aware of.

It could be the ability to add supplemental or voluntary payroll deduction products to their existing group plan. You know, and I know, that you can do that, but perhaps they didn't know that.

By asking a few questions, you will reveal what information to send them.

Perhaps a company is lowering its rates. Send them that information.

Bob,

I especially like your second one. It's very conversational sounding and non threatening.

"Hi, this is Bob Levine. I'm an insurance agent, here in Decatur. The reason for my call was to find out if your current provider sent you any information regarding the new changes in small group health coverage, that make it more affordable for you to tailor a plan to your needs. Have you received any information about it?"

The words "small group health" can be substituted with individual health or Medicare Supplement. If using it for Med Supp the agent would have to change the rest of the sentence a little, Med Supps can't be "tailored".

What makes it really good are the words, "current provider". It will make them begin wondering how good their company is and why their company doesn't care enough about them to have already sent them the information.

That’s one of the best I’ve heard.

Back