PhoneBroadcasting Systems Outlawed Sept. 09?

Hello Everyone,
I am entertaining the thought of live transfer leads, and I noticed the price tag is fairly decent per lead for a high enough batch.
I did some research and found out that phone broad casting systems will be outlawed in September of 09, what will happen then?? Live telemarketing leads again?
Whats a good phone broad casting system to buy and set up oneself for a one or two man team? I might as well do it till it becomes extinct. any solutions, questions, pot shots??

Broadcasting will be illegal to residential unless people have opted in via some other means such as direct mail.

You can still broadcast to businesses.

Pretty soon you won't be able to even speak with people in an elevator.

Rick

There are requirements now for blasting even where it's legal. You must have a live rep available when someone presses 1 - cannot tie up more than one of their lines and cannot drop more than 3% of the calls.

If your campaign is running too fast - too many people pressing 1 and you can't get to everyone you could be in trouble.

Pretty soon you won't be able to even speak with people in an elevator.

I can't wait... I hate it when somebody who I do not know attempts to be my best friend for 8 seconds while in the elevator, then when the silver sliders open, they act like you are dirt again... How superficial... Yes, it should be outlawed, and the guvment can just include the cost of outlawing that right into the stimulus plan... what is another 100 mil, or whatever it will cost to have policemen on each elevator to enforce this policy.... This is way overdue.... IMO
:goofy:

Empty -

You can buy voice broadcast systems on ebay for a few hundred dollars. Not worth it.

The quality of lead you get with this is on the lower end of the scale. Most transfers will be people telling you to quit calling them (I do this every time I get one of these calls, if I have a few extra minutes).

These systems serve a good purpose, such as reminding you of a upcoming doctors appointment, letting you know your child wasn't in school today, etc. Just last week I used one to make 500 calls to remind parents that Softball signups were last weekend (only called within the 18 month do not call window of people who played last year).

You'll find these systems are not worth it for leads. I've tried in the past, you can get a LOT of calls done, but you won't get the leads that convert that you think.

Dan

Back