Physical Exams, Underwriting, Young Adults

Phillip Arnn

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
TX
I have a young couple heer in Texas whom I submitted with Humana. The young couple had a complete physical last year for a life policy. Humana wants them to do it all over for them.
Any ideas how they can get the exams and labs on the cheap?
Phillip

In Indiana you don't have to get a medical exam for health insurance unless you have no medical history...which I have run into believe it or not! You do have to get an exam for life insurance though. You might check with a different provider. Have you looked at the policies that Golden Rule provides?

This young couple are both 26 years old. They had a paramed last year for a life policy. These kids are in great health. This is the reply I received from AgentAsk Humana to my request to use last year's exam results.

"Hello Phillip,

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Thank you for your inquiry.[/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Per review of the application for [/FONT][FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Steven & Elizabeth[/FONT][FONT=Antique Olv (W1)], it is pending results of a current physical or results of a recent exam if one was completed within the past 90 days for both Steven and Elizabeth. Please note underwriting will only be able to accept the results of the old exams mentioned in your email if they were completed within the past 90 days and include all of the required information described below.[/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Steven's physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), [/FONT][FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Chem-20 ( SMA20) and urinalysis. Elizabeth's physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), Chem-20 ( SMA20), urinalysis, pap smear, pelvic exam, and clinical breast exam. [/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Upon completion, your clients or their physicians can submit a copy of the results to:[/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]HumanaOne Underwriting Department"[/FONT]

There are only two carriers in TX now that offer what I consider to be full coverage major medical. They are Humana and World. All the other carriers have cut their RX coverage to next to nothing. There is Assurant but they are rediculous in so many ways.
Any ideas on how they can get these tests done without spending several hundred bucks a piece?
Thanks, Phillip

This young couple are both 26 years old. They had a paramed last year for a life policy. These kids are in great health. This is the reply I received from AgentAsk Humana to my request to use last year's exam results.

"Hello Phillip,

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Thank you for your inquiry.[/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Per review of the application for [/FONT][FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Steven & Elizabeth[/FONT][FONT=Antique Olv (W1)], it is pending results of a current physical or results of a recent exam if one was completed within the past 90 days for both Steven and Elizabeth. Please note underwriting will only be able to accept the results of the old exams mentioned in your email if they were completed within the past 90 days and include all of the required information described below.[/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Steven's physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), [/FONT][FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Chem-20 ( SMA20) and urinalysis. Elizabeth's physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), Chem-20 ( SMA20), urinalysis, pap smear, pelvic exam, and clinical breast exam. [/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]Upon completion, your clients or their physicians can submit a copy of the results to:[/FONT]

[FONT=Antique Olv (W1)]HumanaOne Underwriting Department"[/FONT]

There are only two carriers in TX now that offer what I consider to be full coverage major medical. They are Humana and World. All the other carriers have cut their RX coverage to next to nothing. There is Assurant but they are rediculous in so many ways.
Any ideas on how they can get these tests done without spending several hundred bucks a piece?
Thanks, Phillip

What about United Healthcare? I always try to avoid having clients take a paramed if possible. You never know what comes up on the exam. If something does come up, it's too late by then and you've killed their chances with other companies too.

dgoldenz,
GR was a good carrier in TX until they put a cap on RX like BCBS, Aetna and others. Good RX to me is a must. I may have to rethink it and go with a carrier that is cheaper because they have cut back on RX and suggest clients add a CI.

Bob, I like your idea. I did not sell them the Life. I will see what they have when talk to them tomorrow.

Thanks to all of y'all.
Phillip

Back