Physical Therapy and Medigap Plan N

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
If a client has the Plan N and has to undergo physical therapy visits. The Plan N should take care of the cost of the visits. It wouldn't be a $20 copay each visit right?

I've seen both ways. Clients that have had a $20 per visit and those that have $0. If it is an official "office visit" then sure enough $20.

All depends on how it's coded. There was an issue with this when Plan N first came out & I called the carrier & they told me specific billing codes to use that wouldn't result in the "office copay" being applied. . . .They need to watch their bills and/or ask in advance & spoon feed the proper billing codes if necessary.

All depends on how it's coded. There was an issue with this when Plan N first came out & I called the carrier & they told me specific billing codes to use that wouldn't result in the "office copay" being applied. . . .They need to watch their bills and/or ask in advance & spoon feed the proper billing codes if necessary.
So true. I had an upset Plan N client wanting out due to $20 copays on every chiropractic session. Instead the knucklehead biller was persuaded to submit the claims correctly. Copays vanished.

Back