Physicians Mutual F High Ded Innovative?

phaedruspress

Expert
_Advised that I first posted in wrong forum. Mod might want to remove same question in Individual Health Insurance Forum. TIA-_

There is a 2 1/2 year old thread in the agents and brokers forum:

As a new user the forum will not let me post a link to the thread that I am referencing but it is called "F'd Over by Physicians Mutual."

that discusses (mostly negative) Physicians Mutual F High Deductible Innovative Medigap plan. Is the consensus still that this is a poor choice for those considering F high deductible. I like the idea that it converts back to F after 3 plus years. The premiums for the innovative do not seem to be that much higher then what I am currently looking at with Globe high F and I like the fact that the $2,000 plus deductible goes away after 3 plus years where as with other F high deductibles you pay the $2,000 plus deductible for the life of the plan . Has anyone gone with the Physicians Mutual F High Ded Innovative plan and then converted over to the just Plan F after the waiting period without incident? Is the conversion the "gotcha?" TIA.

I just ran across this garbage. Lady 69, paying $129 for a hi f that "converts" to plan F in 2022. Basically you overpay $1200/year for a hi f then it converts to plan f. Can it even "convert" to a plan F in 2022 if F isnt sold any longer. Even if you can, its garbage.

I replaced one the other day for a fellow who is able to get a plan G for $1 a month more than this junk and he was on oxygen. the lady that sold him in open enrollment didn't explain to him that he would have to pay for his oxygen and all outpatient and inpatient care until the deductible is reached. Fortunately his OE window hadn't closed yet and I replaced it.

I just ran across this garbage. Lady 69, paying $129 for a hi f that "converts" to plan F in 2022. Basically you overpay $1200/year for a hi f then it converts to plan f. Can it even "convert" to a plan F in 2022 if F isnt sold any longer. Even if you can, its garbage.

Plan F will be available to anyone who signs up for Medicare by 2020. It's when one gets Medicare that determines if they can waste their money for Plan F.

Rick

Learn something every day on here--I knew PM had a lot of captive people--didnt realize independents could or did sell it. Interesting

.......they can waste their money for Plan F.
But what about those excess charges?? I hear they can amount to tens of thousands of dollars? Also, you basically dont need to know anything about Medicare to sell Plan F. You just tell the insured the supp will pay the deductible and coinurance, plus, all those excess charges.

Learn something every day on here--I knew PM had a lot of captive people--didnt realize independents could or did sell it. Interesting
As far as I know, they're still captive. I was with them for a couple of years around the turn of the century and they had a semi-captive contract for a short time. You were supposed to try and sell their products 1st.

Since their Med Supp had stopped being competitive, the agents with the semi-captive contract were selling everybody else's Med Supps, so they did away with that contract. I don't think it lasted a year.

When they did away with it, I went independent. :yes:

Oh yeah
As far as I know, they're still captive. I was with them for a couple of years around the turn of the century and they had a semi-captive contract for a short time. You were supposed to try and sell their products 1st.

Since their Med Supp had stopped being competitive, the agents with the semi-captive contract were selling everybody else's Med Supps, so they did away with that contract. I don't think it lasted a year.

When they did away with it, I went independent. :yes:

Oh Ya---is that when they had the stone tablet apps?

Back