Picked Up LifeShield National

Remember the Nmo for Life Shield is Amerilife. I believe everyone's under them.

They are the biggest NMO for them. I think they actually have one or two more. TAG was the sole distributor for them at one time but they failed miserably. I'm not sure if TAG is still with them or not. I forget the name of the other organization that they have listed.

Just had time to review the application for LifeShield. Very few of my leads would qualify so I am not sure why I picked them up to begin with. Rates are low because they won't write many risk.

Just had time to review the application for LifeShield. Very few of my leads would qualify so I am not sure why I picked them up to begin with. Rates are low because they won't write many risk.

Let me remind you of my first comment in this thread, "I have lifeshield and it's pretty much worthless".:yes:

You were right. Wanted it for a pricebuster if needed, but unlike KSKJ they have very strict underwriting.

I've used LifeShield many times...but mostly because KSKJ is not licensed in the states where I work. Their app used to be pretty good, but they recently changed it to be more restrictive as JD pointed out. They don't like cancer (ever), insulin, or disability (that eliminates about 50% of our typical FE clients), so their UW is not for everyone.

There are many states that don't have KSKJ or some of the other price-buster carriers, so if LS is available in your state then it's a possible option if they qualify.

They pay advances very fast (on one case I wrote an app Tues morning and full commission was in my bank on Thurs)...but they only pay weekly, not daily. They also DO NOT cut commission for their Graded plan. Yes, you can get 120% street. I've confirmed with their Regional VP that all biz goes through AmeriLife (although I would never go direct to AmeriLife). They don't have a brochure, but they will send your applications in a nice looking portfolio folder that looks halfway decent. I always leave that with the client. Their website is completely worthless but with pricing like theirs, it's not surprising.

You can call and speak to a real person within seconds as opposed to having to other carriers where you have to navigate their phone system for 5 minutes then wait on hold for 15 minutes like some others. Their underwriters have always been very accessible anytime I call, and they are surprisingly very willing to share details, unlike other carriers.

I still use them for price-busters when I'm in a hurry to get the app and get out. PM me if you need more info.

No CHF, neuropathy, bipolar, wheelchair use, internal cancer, insulin use, oxygen, disability before age 65, asthma if you use tobacco products and if you get through the 17 questions in section A there are 6 more in section B. I think every person I sat down this week with had at least one of these knockouts.

When I first started in FE a wise man told me two things were of utmost importance. One, you need to be with an outfit that can consistently keep you in leads. And two, you need to sell a company or companies that will take your business. Truer words were never spoken.

When I first started in FE a wise man told me two things were of utmost importance. One, you need to be with an outfit that can consistently keep you in leads. And two, you need to sell a company or companies that will take your business. Truer words were never spoken.

I would never use them as my main carrier. I use a lot of RNA, Foresters, Trans for that. I mostly used them before they made the change to their app...and all of those were replacements.

As for being with an outfit that keeps you in leads...I partially agree. I agree that you should have several sources of reliable leads. I've learned that having only one source can bite you in the butt. If something stupid happens to that source that affects your lead flow then you're screwed. Trust me.

No CHF, neuropathy, bipolar, wheelchair use, internal cancer, insulin use, oxygen, disability before age 65, asthma if you use tobacco products and if you get through the 17 questions in section A there are 6 more in section B. I think every person I sat down this week with had at least one of these knockouts.

CHF, wheelchair use, internal cancer, & oxygen are knock outs with 99% of FE carriers for level products......

Neuropathy, bipolar, & insulin are hit & miss depending on the carrier......

Matter of fact SNL won't give level rates for any of the conditions listed above except insulin. Then, insulin is STD. But their one of the most popular carriers on this forum................

Back