Picking Up P @ C in Addition To....

First off a little explanation. The company I work for is a brokerage. We are basically the call center for several insurance companies, own a couple of websites and concentrate mainly on Life and Health.

Here's my question. We also have a P and C group out of Charlotte, NC. To make myself more valued by this company I've considered getting a P and C license as well as my life/health license.

So I'm curious about a few things. One: Does anyone out there have both licenses's. Is it worth pursuing (I may go out on my own one day).

Two: Would the CE classes for one count for the other? Or am I doubling up the work? (I'm in Florida but licensed in 49 states + DC).

:yes:

Almost all P&C licensed agents also have the life and health license. It does not apply the other way around though.

You do not usually double your CE requirements, but it is higher. I can't speak specifically for Florida though.

What state are you not licensed in? I'm curious..... I'm assuming its either AK or HI.... but licensing can be strange.

Dan

Almost all P&C licensed agents also have the life and health license. It does not apply the other way around though.

You do not usually double your CE requirements, but it is higher. I can't speak specifically for Florida though.

What state are you not licensed in? I'm curious..... I'm assuming its either AK or HI.... but licensing can be strange.

Dan

HI.

Got it first time.

Tampa Hound, I am licensed for both 220 (P&C) and 215 (L,H &A) in FL. I got the 220 first and then the 215 but only because I had to get a life, health & annuities license in FL, to work on a project for a health care MGA. So my situation is a little different than yours, for sure.

I think you will be well served by getting your P&C license. It makes you more marketable and shows some initiative, for your future endeavors in the industry.

As for the CE credits, you would have two separate sets of requirements in FL. However, with the many on-line & very reasonably priced CE providers out there nowadays, it is not as drawn out and difficult to satisfy two sets of requirements.

Let me know if you want clarification on anything related. I am in Southwest FL also.

Tampa Hound, When I signed into this Forum today, there was a notice indicating that I have received a new mail message, possibly from you?

I am unable to retrieve it for some reason. If you sent it and still want to contact me privately, please either call me or email to me through my website listed below.

Thanks.

Tampa Hound, I am licensed for both L&H and P&C. Here in Alabama, you must have 24 hours of CE credits every two years. It does not matter if they are P&C or L&H; any combination of 24 hours meets the CE requirement.

As PhilL mentioned, adding the P&C will open some doors to walk into later on. I was one of the few L&H guys that added P&C licensing. It immediately paid off for me; may do the same for you!

Back