Picking Up that Phone....

When they ask, how are you today? You know it's a sales call. When they call you by your first name, you know it's a sales call.

So I don't say the how are you today nor do I call people by their first names.

When they ask, how are you today? You know it's a sales call. When they call you by your first name, you know it's a sales call.

So people you call don't know its a sales call?

So people you call don't know its a sales call?

They shouldn't. It's not. But I'm not doing the canned sales talk anyway.

When I was semi captive with an MA group they made us ask, How are you doing today?" on every call we made from the office.

Hated that stuff then, hate it now.

Sometimes I have a little spare time when I get one of those moron call me and ask that. So I will go into a spiel about how things haven't been going well lately and I need to do some repair work around the house and so on and so on. They will interrupt which gives me the chance to remind them that we are first name buddies and they wanted to know how I was doing.:yes:

I don't use first names when I first talk with someone either. In fact, whenever someone young enough to be my child or grandchild starts off addressing me by my first name I think of them as being rude. But then, I still use sir and ma'am when talking with people.

----------

When I was semi captive with an MA group they made us ask, How are you doing today?" on every call we made from the office.

Sometimes I have a little spare time when I get one of those moron call me and ask that. So I will go into a spiel about how things haven't been going well lately and I need to do some repair work around the house and so on and so on. They will interrupt which gives me the chance to remind them that we are first name buddies and they wanted to know how I was doing.:yes:

Can't give a thumbs up on my phone but this certainly deserves one. Love it!

Your post made me think of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soooo you call them by their middle name?! This is a genius idea. Im sure it will get the prospect's attention. Cant wait to start using this.

I don't use first names when I first talk with someone either. In fact, whenever someone young enough to be my child or grandchild starts off addressing me by my first name I think of them as being rude. But then, I still use sir and ma'am when talking with people.

I often say Mr. or Mrs. I hate it when I say Mr. and she says, "That's Mrs.!" in her deep gravely voice. That happens to often. Those women shouldn't smoke so much. :err:

When that happens, I might as well hang up the phone because I don't think I ever made an appointment with one after that. I've thought about saying, "don't get pissed at me, it's not my fault you sound like a man".:twitchy:

Back