Pilot Life Companies

LeadingEdge

I'm a newly licensed agent looking to sell to pilots. As a current airline pilot (maybe on the streets soon), I'm looking to focus on those that participate in aviation.

Most of the companies that I have available to me offer coverage to commercial pilots, however I'm looking for companies that offer coverage to private pilots and acrobatic pilots. My wife is an established agent and she has pretty much told me "good luck" for the acrobatic guys. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LE

I'm a newly licensed agent looking to sell to pilots. As a current airline pilot (maybe on the streets soon), I'm looking to focus on those that participate in aviation.

I have a few clients as pilots, most of them flying for the regionals. I also have my commercial license and CFI(I) and although I only fly in the GA world, the best I could find was preferred. I would imagine the acrobatic guys would be tough, but I would just call an MGA and ask.

Another idea, if you are a member of AOPA, you probably get mailed a life insurance mailer by one of their agency sponsors claiming to have the best rates for pilots. Get a quote on yourself and find out who they use.

Most of the companies that I have available to me offer coverage to commercial pilots, however I'm looking for companies that offer coverage to private pilots and acrobatic pilots. My wife is an established agent and she has pretty much told me "good luck" for the acrobatic guys. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LE

Private pilots might not have to pay a flat extra depending on solo hours.
Acrobatic and crop spraying pilots will.
Possible to get preferred plus for a commercial pilot flying a non US carrier on an international route.

When I saw the link I thought this was a thread discussing a life insurance company I had never heard of: Pilot Life Companies! :laugh:

Thanks for the info guys. I just need to contact my MGA and see what he has to say about acrobatic flying. I did talk to one of our captains who has a policy that covers acrobatic flying, however he didn't know who his policy was through. I'll also look into Minnesota Life.

Delta, I dropped my AOPA membership a few years ago when I was a hungry regional pilot. I have been considering rejoining to get the AOPA legal policy which from what I here is top notch!

Thanks,
LE

I got my tail wheel endorcement in a Super Decathalon. The instructor spent a few hours with me learning some simple aerobatic manuevers and that was probably some of the most fun I've ever had in an airplane! What a blast, I'd love to get back to it someday.

gallery-05.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun. I always encouraged my students to do an acrobatic flight or two, you never know when those skills may save your life!

When I saw the link I thought this was a thread discussing a life insurance company I had never heard of: Pilot Life Companies! :laugh:

Early in my insurance career I was a captive agent for Jefferson-Pilot Life Insurance Company. J-P had a susidiary called Pilot Life Insurance Company and if I recall correctly we placed DI through the Pilot subsidiary. J-P was sold to Lincoln National just within the past year or two. When I saw the thread I tothought it was referring to the J-P company.

Back