Pipedrive or Radius?

I recently went independent and am trying to decide which CRM to use. It's down to these two. I'm by myself for now, without a huge leads budget so these two options are low cost and pretty user friendly.

I'd like to know what people's thoughts are who use both. I got the free trial for Radius so I'm going to test it out but I noticed a few of the functions are disabled for obvious reasons.

The reason why I like Pipedrive too is because I already use it for solar sales and am comfortable using it and there won't be as much of a learning curve. However, from everything I've read online, Radius is an insurance specific CRM which seems to be the best option. So I'm torn.

Going to make a decision before the first of the year while I map out my marketing gameplan and play with Radius for the next 2 weeks. Appreciate your input.

Personally, I've used a cloud Free CRM for our insurance business for a while, then made the change to an insurance-specific one a couple years later. Save yourself the hassle and go with the insurance specific one.

Last edited:
RB is an extremely limited technology. Frankly, its a terrible professional solution, but at $25/month I dont think it is meant to be a professional solution. Well, you get what you pay for with this toy. The potential value is that RB is very flexible and does many things well, but it is IMLO terrible for scaling a business. 1) There is no way to interact with RB via an API. If someone knows of a way to query RB for data reports, ID LOVE TO SEE IT. 2) No way to print out simple reports to use lead info in a scaled way via other technology. 3) Workflow functionality in RB is total garbage. Try filtering a lead list, then go down that list to edit something, you have to jump to 6 different web pages to do most things, then go back and filter original lead info AGAIN. Takes about 10 times as long as it should. 4) Most limiting is RB support is THE WORST I've ever experience with a tech SaaS product. Need to have a detailed 10 minute conversation to solve a unique problem? Expect that convo to take multiple days at a minimum as their "SUPPORT" sends you 3 word responses to your sophisticated question once every 6 hours or so. Forget trying to get these clowns on the phone. Then when you do, chances are they will send you a 90 second youtube video which answer none of your questions.

If you have no money, lots of time to waste, and are ok w an extremely limited system, then go ahead and use RB. I simply dont see how they can be a scalable, professional solution. However, I do know of some successful smaller agencies who use RB. I'd love to hear from anyone who is successfully using RB within a larger, scaled sales process. How do you make this limited tech work?

Any turnkey solutions I could use to replace RB?

I'm not sure what sector of insurance you're in, but you do life/health, including Medicare, we use ARC, which has been great. If you only want the basic CRM functions, like client/prospect management, and tracking features, the base plan is $24. It scales as you build to agency level, too, so you can upgrade along the way and unlock all sorts of features like prospecting data, lead distribution, agency reports and communication, etc.

When we started out, we used Agencybloc, then Pipedrive, which were also good for their own reasons. Pipedrive was our "budget" solution when it was just about managing our book of business. Now that we have agents, training, quoting, and all kinds of other things, we moved over to the new system and it's been great.

I'm not sure what sector of insurance you're in, but you do life/health, including Medicare, we use ARC, which has been great. If you only want the basic CRM functions, like client/prospect management, and tracking features, the base plan is $24. It scales as you build to agency level, too, so you can upgrade along the way and unlock all sorts of features like prospecting data, lead distribution, agency reports and communication, etc.

When we started out, we used Agencybloc, then Pipedrive, which were also good for their own reasons. Pipedrive was our "budget" solution when it was just about managing our book of business. Now that we have agents, training, quoting, and all kinds of other things, we moved over to the new system and it's been great.
Is Arc still in business? Are you still using their crm?

Back