PL Rater or EZLynx

doctor

Expert
What are your opinions of these raters? I have demoed Semcat and learned that it is more of a bridge tool than an actual rater.

I will be demoing both PL Rater and EZLynx in the next few days. For those of you with experience, which do you prefer and why?

When I spoke to the person at Vertafore, she advised that you only need four pieces of info (name, address, dob and ss#) from a prospect to get a quote. I'm wondering how accurate these quotes are. Also, the ability to have an instant live quoter on your website seems pretty attractive.

I'm awaiting a call back from EZLynx.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I assume this is P&C? I'm not sure what you are quoting with name, address, dob and ss#.

I've never tried Semcat so I'm not sure what you mean by more of a bridge tool than a rater. Is this simply it gets real time rates from the carrier rather than manufacturing rates? Carriers seem to be going more and more to this model anyway.

Dan

i would go with FSC since it can give you competitor quotes but their their not avaliable in ny =(

I like Qupmation, rater and management system, pretty cheap also

I love Ezlynx for auto. Don't use it for home. We use Semcat for home, and we are happy with that for now.

Why the hell would you pay for 2 raters, you love exlynx for auto, but its virtually the same for home??:swoon::confused::wacko::huh::jiggy::goofy:

Why the hell would you pay for 2 raters, you love exlynx for auto, but its virtually the same for home??:swoon::confused::wacko::huh::jiggy::goofy:

We get ezlynx deeply discounted. And at the time and it still may be this way, they don't/didn't offer home option in Florida ( atleast with our agreement). We are a former nationwide agent and when we first got ex lynx years ago we were only allowed to sell nationwide home but could broker out the auto as long as it didn't meet nationwides criteria. Therefore we only needed t for the auto.

The home companies in Florida don't work with a rater. There is Semcat but I wouldn't really consider that a rater.

I'm pretty happy with PL Rating. We have two states linked to our website for quotes and they are emailed to me if someone submits onr.

The biggest thing is whether or not your carriers use the rating system. For instance, I have carriers that use PL Rating but only offer the auto side or the home side. I have others that offer both home and auto side, but will only allow someone to receive an auto quote from my website.

Signed on with ezlynz about one month now....quotes from the website are closing much better than expected, but final rates are often a few $$ different than the original rate given..not cool

not that ezlynz is the better...never tried pl rating...do they allow more than ten carriers per account? what about $$ I think I gave 1900 for the year for ezlynz...is pl cheaper

Back