Plan N United of Omaha

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
If your switching a United World policyholder over to a United of Omaha Plan N you will be advanced and it's like a whole new block of business for you. United of Omaha will be issued as if it's year one.

If you're switching a United of Omaha plan over to the newer United of Omaha Plan N it's not considered new, you won't be advanced. It's considered a conversion. You'll still get the higher commission but if your policy is in year 2 it will be considered year 2 with Plan N also.

If your switching a United World policyholder over to a United of Omaha Plan N you will be advanced and it's like a whole new block of business for you. United of Omaha will be issued as if it's year one.

yeah, but just make sure its YOUR UW policyholder. otherwise, some other sleeping-till-10, working-in-his-underwear schmo will be getting paid for you doing the work to save HIS client money.

yeah, but just make sure its YOUR UW policyholder. otherwise, some other sleeping-till-10, working-in-his-underwear schmo will be getting paid for you doing the work to save HIS client money.

Very true. If you change someone from one internal plan to another with a Mutual of Omaha company, you will become the new agent of record - but you will not get the commissions from the case - only the service issues (and potential referrals), etc.

I thought this was odd, too, but apparently it is a disincentive to replace existing internal business between agents.

If you're switching a United of Omaha plan over to the newer United of Omaha Plan N it's not considered new, you won't be advanced. It's considered a conversion. You'll still get the higher commission but if your policy is in year 2 it will be considered year 2 with Plan N also.
If I wrote the United World bus. will I still get first year advance on Plan n with United of Omaha Thanks

If you've already been advanced on a client's business... why do you want to be advanced again?

Playing the devils advocate...why not be advanced again? Must be good business or they wouldn't have kept the United World as long as they have.

Odds of them dropping UoO is very small.

I couldn't get by from month to month without being advanced. Then again, if I had as much in renewals each month as you do, I wouldn't need it.

Comebacks welcome.:skeptical::laugh:

Last edited:
Yes Zeek, if you're moving them from United World to United of Omaha Plan N you will get advanced and it would be considered new business. I called the home office and spoke to commissions.

I have a feeling if you wrote someone that had United World (that you didn't write) and switched them to United of Omaha I think you'd still get paid as new business. It looks like United of Omaha is considering United World a different insurance company not a conversion. I'll call today and check on that

Last edited:
Yes Zeek, if you're moving them from United World to United of Omaha Plan N you will get advanced and it would be considered new business. I called the home office and spoke to commissions.

I have a feeling if you wrote someone that had United World (that you didn't write) and switched them I think you'd still get paid as new business. It looks like United of Omaha is considering United World a different insurance company not a conversion. I'll call today and check on that

You can make a killing(with the advance), if you can get enough to switch. I haven't thought much about offering N with MoO in Florida, when it's approved, but I might have to rethink.:yes:

The other issue to consider, is the business stays with the upline.

example: you write a case under me and then move your contract to SMS, all of the business you wrote under me stays with me and if you re-write it under SMS you will not be paid any commissions. If you re-write it again a 3rd time with Mutual you will then be paid.

It sounds as though you require agents to assign their commissions to you. That you are the "agent of record, not the agent who wrote the application. Is that correct?

Back