Please Educate Me on how to Shop for Life Insurance

Yes, that can happen. The difference here, is that the OP was asking the forum how to shop for life insurance... versus asking ONE professional agent... and doing so after committing to a life insurance application process. And, as we know, there are many facets and philosophies to buying insurance... that asking 10 people what they think... well, you'll get 10 different responses.

This person was having doubts... after talking to an agent. If a person is having doubts about what they are buying, why are they committing to a process? The OP should cancel the paramed exam and ask more questions to that agent, or another local agent, about what is involved.

The OP seems to be a person who can be swayed by anybody to do anything. No thank you. He'll just end up canceling the policy anyway after evaluating every single possible permutation of insurance out there.

Would you apply for a mortgage without knowing what's involved? Wouldn't you want someone to lead you and "take you by the hand" and help you understand the process and how & why you do things a certain way?

Yet, the OP decided to move forward without knowing or understanding... and LATER felt odd about it... and decided to come here for free advice from professionals.

No thank you.

BTW, thank you all for your votes of confidence in me. It is appreciated.

Same here. They believe that the exam is so that they can get a firmer quote. Kinda like the "Let's just get you examiner and see were you fit, no obligation" Sale. Deceptive to me. The range they are quoted usually has nothing to do with reality.

Wow, I did not realize that some agents go that far. It really is criminal, having the carrier pay for a paramed that may just be a ploy to get a sale. And raises rates for everyone.

----------

Same here. They believe that the exam is so that they can get a firmer quote. Kinda like the "Let's just get you examiner and see were you fit, no obligation" Sale. Deceptive to me. The range they are quoted usually has nothing to do with reality.

Wow, I did not realize that some agents go that far. It really is criminal, having the carrier pay for a paramed that may just be a ploy to hopefully trick someone into a sale. And raises rates for everyone.

Wow, I did not realize that some agents go that far. It really is criminal, having the carrier pay for a paramed that may just be a ploy to get a sale. And raises rates for everyone.

----------

Wow, I did not realize that some agents go that far. It really is criminal, having the carrier pay for a paramed that may just be a ploy to hopefully trick someone into a sale. And raises rates for everyone.

Like deja vu all over again!

----------

All about volume for them. I would guess most get them to stick.

----------

----------

All about volume for them. I would guess most get them to stick.

:1cute:

----------

Pretty sure agent is on the hook for a paramed that does not come back with a signed app.

Back