Please Help, advice and opinions needed

I don't think there are too many P&C agents who are active in the forum, but there are a few. Maybe they have been actually doing some work today and haven't seen your question yet. ;)

really? thanks:) then still have hope, lol.. :) I would also be selling commerical, the agent (owner) that wants me to come aboard will train me in those areas. I just want to make sure its a fair offer. or should i wait and search more.

You start out making what you make now, with a reasonable potential to increase your income. I don't see much downside here, if you will like the work that the agent will have you do (commercial is tough, but can be very rewarding).

The only question I would ask is what happens if you move on before the draw is paid back? Is it treated as a loan?

To me, it's far more about it being a fit personally. With the base salary, the commission level is decent.

Dan

thanks for the input so far everyone, so i will ask about the draw if treated as a loan. ok thanks.

Where are you located?

If you are located in a state where American Family Insurance operates you may want to look into them.

They will pay you a base, plus you get your commissions and help paying for your office. I think that depending on the state the base is between 3-4k per month.

Back