Please help info needed, Medicare Supplements

MikeZ

hello everyone, I’m newly licensed in California. I have never sold insurance or or Medicare Supplements. I would like to learn all aspects of Medicare Supplements sales, unfortunately I do have a day job, and can not quit until I’m up and running in Medicare Supplements sales. My question is, how long has it taken some of you to learn how to sell Medicare Supplements, how long did it take to learn and fill out the applications, is it very difficult to learn ? I’m home off work around 6pm, at that time I have been reading info on supplements, and studying on the weekends. Also which company does training and which do you recommend. I would like to do this all by phone if possible. As you can see, I’m new and don’t know too much regarding Medicare Supplements sales.
Any help and guidance is truly appreciated.
Thank you.
MikeZ.

If you plan to do Face 2 Face CA is a stong Medicare Advantage state. Kaiser (in most areas) have a 35% market share. So I would suggest you become certified and appointed to sell a few MA carriers to not limit yourself. If you are wanting to do telesales, it's a tough gig part time.

There are only 2 facebook groups that have many of the top medicare agents from around the country posting content regulary: Medicare Gurus and Senior Market Insurance Experts. You will get a nice blend of Med Supp agents, MAPD agents, both telesales, and face to face. You will not find any other place with ongoing constant valuable info centered around Medicare and the senior community.

I caution you to "sign up" with any "FMO/IMO" until you have spent time talking to others. You need an "UPLINE/MENTOR" to help you, not a company. Someone who is willing to take the time to show you the ropes.

I see you are just starting your Med Sup career. I would love to help you get on the right track and boost your sales. I used to be an Athletic Director/Teacher before I started my insurance agency. When I realized the income potential with the Med Sup industry, I knew I wanted to go full steam ahead and put my effort into building a strong business. I was fortunate that I could just quit a salary job and start my agency but the rewards outweighed the risk! We are a nationally ranked top production agency with our most recent production numbers for $6.6 million last year! Let me know if you are interested in learning from the best!
Nick Mangini ManginiFamilyInsurance.com

Nick, you have 5 posts. Go read the rules before you try to recruit on here again please.

hello everyone, I’m newly licensed in California. I have never sold insurance or or Medicare Supplements. I would like to learn all aspects of Medicare Supplements sales, unfortunately I do have a day job, and can not quit until I’m up and running in Medicare Supplements sales. My question is, how long has it taken some of you to learn how to sell Medicare Supplements, how long did it take to learn and fill out the applications, is it very difficult to learn ? I’m home off work around 6pm, at that time I have been reading info on supplements, and studying on the weekends. Also which company does training and which do you recommend. I would like to do this all by phone if possible. As you can see, I’m new and don’t know too much regarding Medicare Supplements sales.
Any help and guidance is truly appreciated.
Thank you.
MikeZ.

Mike, my suggestion is to check out MedicareTraining101.com

The apps are nothing to fill out. Doesn't take long to learn that. Learning the products and how to sell might take a little while. It really depends a lot on your own experiences and how quick you pick things up.

I guess Nick missed the part about the OP being in California. UA hasn't been competitive in California for years. If you write UA in California, you run the high risk of replacement. Unless you write UA's HD Plan F. Hard to make a living as a new agent on a monthly premium in the $30's.

I guess Nick missed the part about the OP being in California. UA hasn't been competitive in California for years. If you write UA in California, you run the high risk of replacement. Unless you write UA's HD Plan F. Hard to make a living as a new agent on a monthly premium in the $30's.

Does anybody know ANY UA agents who are actually making money? Serious question. Not sure I’ve ever met one.

Back