Please Help with State Farm Los Angeles Info

Jeffects

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I have a dispute with State Farm Auto Insurance. They refuse to provide any contact information on their insured whose vehicle was involved in a collision hitting my car. (someone else was driving his car.)

Since State Farm won't provide the info, (They tell me to hire a lawyer.) I want to name them as a defendant in Small Claims. All the give me as an address for summons and service of process is a PO Box in Arizona. Which obviously won't work.

I have searched and searched for a State Farm Corporate office in Los Angeles County that can be served, to no avail. My insurance has been of no help. (Farmers).

All the Sec. of State California lists on their site is a Law Firm in Sacramento.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Sounds like you need to file the claim against the person that hit you're car and take them to small claims court.

You might be able to get a DMV lookup on the license plate as well.

Good luck!

I have done this twice with good results here in NY. I would call another non-related State Farm Agency, tell them I have a problem with another State Farm Office and could they give me a regional/corp contact person. I would reassure the person on the phone that I had no problem with them but with another agent. Both times I was given a direct line to some one who helped me.

State Farm will not give you their info due to privacy laws. You can get it thru a police report if available. Even if you find the other part State Farm will defend then if they have a claim filed. Best to contact your carrier to fight for you. If not try a DOI complaint. Usually managers and higher have to review and respond to make sure the claim is handled correctly

Back