Please rate my script

loudee

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Well I just signed up with Al's dialer and would like some opinions on the following script:

"Hello…may I please speak with______? Good morning (afternoon etc), my name is _____. We are calling local business owners to inform them they might qualify for a reduction in their health insurance. Is that something that might interest you?"

I'm trying to keep it short and sweet.

Lou

I think it not half bad.
quick to the point and a fast yes no answer from the prospect and there you go.

Call 100 prospects using it and see how many people are interested.

I tweaked it a bit.

"Hello…may I please speak with______?

Hi ______, my name is _____. I’m a local independent health insurance broker and want to let you know that you might qualify for a rate reduction in your health insurance. Would you be interested?"

Opinions....

Lou

I tweaked it a bit.

Hi ______, my name is _____. I’m a local independent health insurance broker and want to let you know that you might qualify for a rate reduction in your health insurance. Would you be interested?"

Opinions....

Lou

What is more important than those words on the page, is the confidence that you exude, the inflection in your voice and delivery of whatever message you use.

If you FULLY expect them to want and need the data, this will help... If you FULLY believe that you are provided a valued service, this will enhance any message.

Nothing enhances your presentation like a little success. Get on the phone, hear a bunch of NO's... then you will hear some YES's... as you hear more YES's, you will improve your batting average for the receipent being open to receiving the info...

Good luck.

If it works for you, keep using it. I would suggest some very minor changes if you're going to keep that same format:

Change to "Hello, is ________ available?" This makes you sound less apologetic for calling and is less of a tip off that you're a telemarketer.

I would probably just change some minor things:

"I'm a local indept. heath insurance broker and with carriers offering new plans and pricing, many people I'm speaking with are able to get get their current premium down. Would it make sense for us to have a conversation?"

When someone tell me I may "qualify" for something, I try to get them off the phone ASAP. Maybe it's just me! Also, asking them for a conversation is much less threatening than asking them for committment at this point (as in "would you be interested?")

If it works for you, keep using it. I would suggest some very minor changes if you're going to keep that same format:

Change to "Hello, is ________ available?" This makes you sound less apologetic for calling and is less of a tip off that you're a telemarkete.......

Delta,

Thanks for your input. In my short time on the dialer I found that if I spoke to the prospect with the same sincerity I would a friend or neighbor the response was positive. Of the ten people I actually spoke with (allot of wrong #'s and "sorry they are not here") there are two call backs for tomorrow and one seems promising. One thing I learned in nine years in the restaurant business is how to communicate with people and let them know that their concerns are mine.....oh yeah and I also learned don't go in the restaurant business :)

Lou

.....oh yeah and I also learned don't go in the restaurant business :)

Lou

So why you still smell like a cheesesteak?:D

This reminds me of another post from 5-6 months ago about cold calling health. If memory serves, the hook was the potential to lower your health insurance costs by 30%. Then John P. posted his two page free report on the 5 myths of health insurance and the 5 ways to save 30% in your health insurance.

M&M put forth the idea of the free report. John picked up on it and got good results.

The "I can save you a buttload of bucks" is a tired pitch. Try for something more professional that doesn't scream like a $40 suit.

Back