Point Me in the Right Direction

Discussion in 'E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents' started by TampaHound, Sep 26, 2015.

1. TampaHound

TampaHound Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    I work in a call center environment where I'm covered by our companies E and O insurance.

It's a good job and I make a good living (not getting rich but also don't have to deal with charge backs and buying leads). The fact that I'm a supervisor doesn't hurt either.

Lately I've been thinking about joining a local agency or even going out on my own to pick up some additional work. Nothing major, just a little part time work with a company like Great Western or selling LTC. :1arghh:

I would not be covered by my work if I do this, I understand that. So can you point me in the direction of a good but fair priced (cheap) E and O company?

2. goillini52

goillini52 Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois

I have mine through NAPA. Mine's sponsored by Equitable(you have to be contracted with them) and covers everything but variable annuities for $458 a year. They have other company sponsored programs. If you've been licensed less than 2 years and have commission income less than $100,000 you can get it for $374.

NAPA Errors & Omissions Insurance For Insurance Agents and Agencies

3. Justin Bilyj

Justin Bilyj Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    I concur doctor, best policy available...

4. azadam

azadam New Member

Thanks for the advise guys :)

5. agentinsouth

agentinsouth Well-Known Member

They look good for a new agency, but wanted 2K for me! That is way out of line. I really like Mike w/ Insurance By Design. He is the most knowledgable E&O agent I have ever talked with.

Mike Di Loreto| Insurance By Design|www.ibdpro.com JDI Insurance By Design Agency, LLC. CA License #0H64802
    4230 LBJ Fwy | Suite 222 | Dallas, TX 75244 | Main: [email protected]

6. jdelix

jdelix Member

NAPA is the way to go. Make sure you are not captive to the line service via your call center, or have a non compete agreement.

7. leroman

leroman Active Member

State:

Price reflected on website is for life and health, I am interested on P & C only
    E & O Insurance, their price is $982.00 a year. Anyone has a suggestions on other vendors for this?

Thank You!

8. FEX Quotes

FEX Quotes Well-Known Member

State:
    New Jersey
    982 for P&C is a steal

9. agentinsouth

agentinsouth Well-Known Member

Sounds too cheep to me.

10. ARus

ARus Well-Known Member

All these policies are claims made. Any market with occurrence coverage? I still wonder how long I should stay indy, and how large my business should be to find a policy with occurrence coverage? It is a joke: to work for an industry which can't offer me what I need and want.