Policy/application Was Signed W Errors

consumer

My agent dropped off my husbands policy and we quickly signed it without really reading it except for the few places our agent pointed out. After reviewing it further on our own, we realize that the application included in the policy has many errors, and is in fact missing much of the medical and personal information we gave to the agent and the nurse during the medical exam. I called the company and they said to speak to the agent, but this seems redundant to me with the policy already in force. Plus, they seemed confused by the question and it sounded like directing me to the agent kept them from having to figure our the answer. So how should we go about correcting this policy application directly if possible?

My agent dropped off my husbands policy and we quickly signed it without really reading it except for the few places our agent pointed out. After reviewing it further on our own, we realize that the application included in the policy has many errors, and is in fact missing much of the medical and personal information we gave to the agent and the nurse during the medical exam. I called the company and they said to speak to the agent, but this seems redundant to me with the policy already in force. Plus, they seemed confused by the question and it sounded like directing me to the agent kept them from having to figure our the answer. So how should we go about correcting this policy application directly if possible?

Did you take the policy from Bankers Life and Casualty?:twitchy:

I can understand why an agent might falsify what was said on an application.. He stands to gain the commission.. but a nurse would have little or no reason to falsify the questions on the medical exam. :skeptical:

I can understand why an agent might falsify what was said on an application.. He stands to gain the commission.. but a nurse would have little or no reason to falsify the questions on the medical exam. :skeptical:

Right. So I just need to correct the app. Especially since I'm paying premiums for the medical issues.

----------

Just to clarify, there is only a copy of the app in the policy delivered, no medical exam info.

This whole thing sounds fishy, as in "catfishy". For one thing, when a real consumer calls a company saying that there were inaccuracies in the app, the LAST thing they would do is to simply refer you back to the agent. It's the COMPANY whose money is at risk, not the agent's.

Second, if the policy required a paramed (as you say), the agent may not have needed to complete ANY medical questions on the app because of the paramed being required.

This whole thing sounds fishy, as in "catfishy". For one thing, when a real consumer calls a company saying that there were inaccuracies in the app, the LAST thing they would do is to simply refer you back to the agent. It's the COMPANY whose money is at risk, not the agent's. Second, if the policy required a paramed (as you say), the agent may not have needed to complete ANY medical questions on the app because of the paramed being required.

That's the way it should be but not in the real world.

Call State Farm sometime.

Back