Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Telling clients to DIY

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
What are you doing with ARPA? Telling clients? Hiding under a rock and hoping no one calls? Making sure the unemployment information is current?

Its to my understanding the clawback is also gone on this deal.....

I just started selling aca this past season . I sold around 40 lives . Open enrollment this winter I’m working on many marketing ideas to write 100-200 . My question is how long does the avg aca policy stay on the books? Are a lot of people coming and going in and out of coverage as they get new jobs?

Focus on self employed, and pre retirees and they will stay on books for years. Then get their Medicare when T65.

If you get Unemployment or typical W2 type employees, chances are they will have a job and group plan available now or soon when get job again....and fall off books forever

I just started selling aca this past season . I sold around 40 lives . Open enrollment this winter I’m working on many marketing ideas to write 100-200 . My question is how long does the avg aca policy stay on the books? Are a lot of people coming and going in and out of coverage as they get new jobs?

A few but its more self employed or pre 65 retirees. Most people between jobs are going to go with COBRA, especially now. Look for real estate agents, hairdressers, etc

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20210311.725837/full/
  • Extending ACA subsidies to higher-income people who do not currently qualify for 2021 and 2022;
  • Increasing ACA subsidies for lower-income people who already qualify for 2021 and 2022;
  • Providing maximal ACA subsidies for individuals that receive unemployment benefits in 2021; and
  • Preventing taxpayers who misestimated their income in 2020 from having to repay excess premium tax credits at tax time.
It also provides $20 million for marketplace modernization to help state-based marketplaces update their systems to comply with the American Rescue Plan.

As suggested by the time limits, these changes are temporary. Subsidy enhancements will be in place for only two years while the clawback protection and link to unemployment will be in place only for one year. There is an expectation that Congress will make these changes permanent in future legislation. But, for now, these are temporary changes included in the broader response to the COVID-19 crisis.

OK THIS IS BULLSHIT.......have been updating accounts and save my clients bucks.....but so far had three clients pull a income verification request that did not previously had a income verification.....I am getting tried of this Russian roulette horse shit....just readjust the subsidy with out having to do a whole new application......

Back