Poor Ken Fisher

His son, Nathan Fisher, just posted this on LinkedIn:

My father, Ken Fisher, made comments in a recent talk that some have interpreted as sexist, racist, or bigoted. Anyone who knows him personally will agree that he is not even close to any of these things. He is a good person and has apologized for his comments. It saddens me to see him attacked and labeled in these ways. My father's brain is wired differently from most people's, and that is part of why he's been successful at what he does. However, this also means he relates to people differently and doesn't always interpret social cues in conventional ways. As he has tried to understand how people felt about his comments, I hope others can try to understand that he didn't mean any harm and has learned from what happened.

His son, Nathan Fisher, just posted this on LinkedIn:

Yeah. Blame it on those offended for misinterpreting. I thought all the known issues were sexist related. I didn't hear of any racist it bigoted, but maybe more issues are coming out that are not public.

The more appalling part of the excuse is to blame it on him having a far superior brain & that same brain caused him to have great success.

Just apologize, admit the comments were inappropriate & get some counseling for being a narcissist. His great success & wealth have likely helped mold his superiority complex that seems to be an issue for many billionaires, politicians, actors & athletes that fall from grace.

The 2 most recent issues as a platform speaker were bad enough, but an older one was probably the worst and these likely were while completely sober---imagine him when boozed up in a small group. He is a paid to manage money or speak at conferences, not be an Andrew Dice Clay like comedian

When asked what he would do differently if he could start his career over, he said the following:

"I don't know if I could, but if I was 30 years old and I had to do over again, I'd have more sex while I, while I could, while I could, when once you get older, you know, once you get older, you know you're like a Christmas tree, you know you're, you're firm once a year and the balls are just for decoration," he said

Last edited:
Just doesnt seem fair.
When I read his remarks my jaw dropped. Then I became aware that he said this in front of a large professional audience of men with wives and daughters and highly educated, professional, accomplished women, and my jaw dropped again.

Ken Fisher is getting what he deserves for all the years of bashing annuities without telling folks the whole story about how the market, insurance, annuities, and savings can work together to maximize the efficiency of retirement income.

Karma is a bitch. And she is pissed at Ken Fisher.

I have no sympathy for Ken Fisher. I do feel badly for all those who work for him who will need to go out and find comparable employment elsewhere as his business will continue to shed assets and thus the need for asset managers. But no pity for Fisher from me. In this day and age, there is no excuse to be part of the tone deaf baby boomer contingent who are insensate to the the treatment women recieve in this country.

Hegna's Hotseat

far superior brain & that same brain caused him to have great success.

ffb.jpg

When I read his remarks my jaw dropped. Then I became aware that he said this in front of a large professional audience of men with wives and daughters and highly educated, professional, accomplished women, and my jaw dropped again.

Ken Fisher is getting what he deserves for all the years of bashing annuities without telling folks the whole story about how the market, insurance, annuities, and savings can work together to maximize the efficiency of retirement income.

Karma is a bitch. And she is pissed at Ken Fisher.

I have no sympathy for Ken Fisher. I do feel badly for all those who work for him who will need to go out and find comparable employment elsewhere as his business will continue to shed assets and thus the need for asset managers. But no pity for Fisher from me. In this day and age, there is no excuse to be part of the tone deaf baby boomer contingent who are insensate to the the treatment women recieve in this country.

Hegna's Hotseat

100% agree--my "doesn't seem fair" was 1 million percent sarcastic

Crazy part is that his 1st 3 attempts to address the problem he blamed the audience, said it is just his normal style, blamed the rules on what is acceptable for changing. Finally, he issued an actual apology---but no one bought it when it wasn't the 1st & sincere one.

Speaking decorum

Fisher's first response was defensive. He sent an email Wednesday afternoon (Oct. 9) to InvestmentNews stating his comments were taken out of context.

Later in the day Wednesday, he emailed his employees apologizing if anyone was offended and reminded staffers that he has a habitually "colorful" demeanor.

Then, his bravado crested during a Wednesday evening interview with Bloomberg, which responded him with a sarcastic headline:
"Billionaire Fisher Shocks With Sexual Remarks, Wonders Why"

He brashly told reporters that he was the victim of referees moving the goalposts on speaking decorum.

“I have given a lot of talks, a lot of times, in a lot of places and said stuff like this and never gotten that type of response,” he told Bloomberg. “Mostly the audience understands what I am saying.”

I wonder if anybody will be candid at one of these Tiburon events, again,” he told Bloomberg.

Finally, by late Thursday afternoon (Oct. 10), under mounting pressure -- including from two smoking-gun audiotapes -- his tone turned more contrite. He landed on an admission of wrongdoing, although he did not specify which comments he regretted. See:
Here's the Ken Fisher audio that inflamed executives at a financial conference

“Some of the words and phrases I used during a recent conference to make certain points were clearly wrong and I shouldn’t have made them. I realize this kind of language has no place in our company or industry. I sincerely apologize.”

Later his company's CEO, Damian Ornani, would also condemn the Fisher remarks while praising the character of Ken himself.

Another opportunity for everyone to cluck their tongues and show off how progressive and enlightened they are with their outrage.

Meh.

I was not offended by Ken Fisher's remarks, though I only saw the remark comparing winning a client to "getting in a girl's pants". If there were other remarks, I missed them in the news.

Would I have spoken that way in a professional context? Not in a million years. Was it appropriate? No. Was it an overly crude metaphor and he could have chosen a hundred other ways to express the same idea? Yes.

But was it a case where the City of Boston should be saying they are "disturbed by these comments" or Fidelity would say the "views do not align with our company's values", etc.? From this one remark, the City of Boston accused him of "treating women like commodities". Ridiculous.

But hey, being outraged is how people feel good about themselves these days, so party on.

Poor fella. More opportunity for all of us. :)

We all make mistakes, but man... its amazing how stupid some folks can be.

Of course, the natural progression now is to become a politician. He's already got the lingo gown - "it ain't my fault" - "you took it out of context" - "I didn't mean it". The left lost one of their nutjobs today, there's an open seat. :D

Back