Possible to Get a Decent Broker Contract with O.N in Ohio???

CFP83

Guru
100+ Post Club
finding it difficult to do business with Ohio National in Ohio???

For a few reasons I would like to add Ohio National as another option for my term, whole-life, and UL business.....problem is I am having a heck of a time finding a decent contract.

I live in Ohio, which is obviously a "career state" for O.N....however, based upon what ON is paying brokers outside of Ohio I got to believe I can do better than the 70% broker payout that I have been quoted by the local O.N GA.

Thanks in advance for any insight here.

Last edited:
Could you go in as a IGA under a PPGA from another state?

I was thinking the same thing. Hell I'd have no problem with giving you the entire FYC and override. I do think, however, that I (like all the other PGA's) am assigned a specific territory that you don't happen to fall into.

I could always check.

Re: finding it difficult to do business with Ohio National in Ohi

I live in Ohio, which is obviously a "career state" for O.N....however, based upon what ON is paying brokers outside of Ohio I got to believe I can do better than the 70% broker payout that I have been quoted by the local O.N GA.

You've got to show the proof of your production.

Re: finding it difficult to do business with Ohio National in Ohi

You've got to show the proof of your production.

This particular GA is very much aware of my total annual production...it seems since he is running a career shop for O.N that he has a standard of never paying a broker more than 70%.

thanks for the reply's thus far, and I would love for anyone to verify the other thoughts that have been brought up here, I'm open to options here.

PGA's have to get approval to appoint an IPA out of their region/state. im in SC and appointed 2 in va(also a PGA state). wow. you would have thought i asked for an underwriting concession.
im sure its very difficult in a career state. FWIW.

I signed up with them direct, maybe 2 months ago, with the recomendation from the Financial Planner I am working with, they gave me 85% FYC right off the bat, when I hit a certain premium, they will increase it to 95% and back pay me the 10% difference.

Wasnt very difficult to get, just filled out an app and sent it to the rep, within a week, I had codes

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up with them direct, maybe 2 months aog, with the recomendation from the Financial Planner I am working with, they gave me 85% FYC right off the bat, when I hit a certain premium, they will increase it to 95% and back pay me the 10% difference.

Wasnt very difficult to get, just filled out an app and sent it to the rep, within a week, I had codes

Yes, but CFP83 lives in a career state. Different ball of wax. He is expected to go through the local GA and take either a career or broker contract which is different from your PPGA contract.

Back