Post-AEP Plans.......

Advisors :) (Which I know you already know)

Did a seminar for 25 this morning at an advisors office. They sent an email, I showed up. (I do supply the cookies. So that cost $50. Cookies are too damn expensive!) Looked smart. Sounded cute. 7 emails since noon, 11 app appts next week.

Ask your clients for introductions to FP's.

Start making list of advisors in the area, show up in January. With cookies or whatever, for both the gatekeeper and advisor. Tell them what you want. My network took YEARS to get me a steady pipeline. Its going to be 6 months before you start to see the results of networking.

Send handwritten thank you cards. Your buddy's wife who is HAND ADDRESSING the letters? Those get opened. Every time.

Right now, you need to be focused on current clients, their handwritten thank you cards and asking for referrals. How are you going to add 100 people between now and Dec 7???

Then the week of January 8, start visiting FP offices to fill the pipeline for 2018....

btw the broker I work closely with has a T65 "letter" he has used for years and it really kicks ***. Page one is a letter just introducing him and his services--attached is two sided--summary of Area MAPD plans and MS plans/premiums. His wife HAND ADDRESSES AND STAMPS and it works very well--think I am going to piggy back on that in the areas he does not hit. So my T65 efforts look OK

Sounds like it isn't CMS compliant.

Rick

I dont remember the details but he ran it by several carriers and it was fine. I cant find it at the moment---but now that I think about it I DONT think it had carriers or prices--compared G, F, N, PDP and Advantage plans

Last edited:
Then the week of January 8, start visiting FP offices to fill the pipeline for 2018....[/QUOTE]

WHICH Advisors do you suggest? ED Jones you can walk in and talk to them. I worked for some time at Paine-Webber and emailed some former co-workers--they acted like Medicare was WAY beneath them. So Im assuming youre talking retail store front guys?

----------

when you find it-the letter
can you share it with us?

thanks

Its not mine per se---but wll see my buddy next couple of days will ask him

Then the week of January 8, start visiting FP offices to fill the pipeline for 2018....

WHICH Advisors do you suggest? ED Jones you can walk in and talk to them. I worked for some time at Paine-Webber and emailed some former co-workers--they acted like Medicare was WAY beneath them. So Im assuming youre talking retail store front guys?[/QUOTE]

It IS way beneath them. Thats the whole point.

Their clients are turning 65. They are going to buy Supp from someone. Either you (who is wonderful and promises not to sell them something else) or some guy who mails out direct mail. Who probably is using Medicare to get in the door to get their 401k to an annuity. Start your presentation with a stack of mail a T65 gets...it will get their attention. One of THEIR clients gets that much mail in 6 months and they are ignoring the issue?

EJ for walk and talk. You know guys at a Paine Webber office? Ask them if you can come in, bring donuts some Friday morning and make your pitch. You will meet with their clients at their office to review Medicare options. If they are IRMAA, you will help them file the appeal when available.

Then some Paine Webber guy will quit and go to Ameriprise. So you get another office full of FPs. And so on, so on and so on.

You are making this much harder than it is.

I dont remember the details but he ran it by several carriers and it was fine. I cant find it at the moment---but now that I think about it I DONT think it had carriers or prices--compared G, F, N, PDP and Advantage plans

You can send out information to help people compare different plans generically.

"The pros and cons of MA vs Medigap "or "HMOs vs. PPO MA plans" for example. That should be OK.

Also, there is no problem writing about Plan F or Plan G since those aren't MA plans.

However I wouldn't write about AARP's Plan F or mention any carrier by name.

I don't think that would get you in trouble with CMS, but AARP might not be happy. And they have lawyers.

WHICH Advisors do you suggest? ED Jones you can walk in and talk to them. I worked for some time at Paine-Webber and emailed some former co-workers--they acted like Medicare was WAY beneath them. So Im assuming youre talking retail store front guys?

It IS way beneath them. Thats the whole point.

OK Im game. Few days ago I emailed an EDJ broker that was one of the first in this county---we were in Rotary together for years. He never responded. I have no confidence this wil work but-it works for SOMEONE--and it costs me nothing. And January is SLOW! Ok Im down with it

Back