Post Card Message Scammy?

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
Would sending postcards offering "a one time free offer to get a insurance review and quote (a $100 dollar value for free) until so and so date" sound too scammy or too much of those internet marketing hype where it just tries to sell sell sell?

Would sending postcards offering "a one time free offer to get a insurance review and quote (a $100 dollar value for free) until so and so date" sound too scammy or too much of those internet marketing hype where it just tries to sell sell sell?

Do you typically charge $100 for a review and quote? If no, then I would say it is "scammy."

nope all my quotes and reviews are free, but doesnt a 100 value seem better than a free quote?

I don't think anyone would fall for that.

Were not doing quick homeowners and or bops. Doing bigger markets like trucking transportation with 10+ trucks. Would site check the security the lot etc...

Would take a day or two to gather info and discuss coverage.

Ahh, gotcha. Your time is worth something of course but preparing detailed quotes is part of the job and I would hold off on placing a value on it, i.e. calling it a $100 value. If it takes a day or two, the value could be worth more than $100 per hour. Either way, I would hold off on the "one time free offer" postcard as the prospect knows he or she can get free quotes anytime from anyone.

Reminds me of an old local furniture store commercial: "We don't mark it up just to mark it down and call it a sale!"

Most people are not going to see value in your services just because you place
an artificial dollar value on them. If you are demonstrating value in your services, they should be wondering how much your outstanding services are going to cost them. I love it when a new client leaves my office and walks out and asks the receptionist if they pay now, or if we send them a bill.

yeah, my gut feeling was it was scammy and if i received a card like this, i would have thrown it out.

Back