Post Cards To Homeowners

jos.ins

I am looking to send out post cards to homeowners in my area. One side of the card will have a picture of their neighborhood and the other side will have a short letter saying something like
"Dear Homeowner,
I was in your area and you have the most gorgeous home on (your street). You appear as someone who takes good care of their belongings and has pride of ownership. I am expanding my insurance business into (your area). You are the type of homeowner I am have built my business around. I would love to work with you." and then have a copy of my business card.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I am looking to send out post cards to homeowners in my area. One side of the card will have a picture of their neighborhood and the other side will have a short letter saying something like
"Dear Homeowner,
I was in your area and you have the most gorgeous home on (your street). You appear as someone who takes good care of their belongings and has pride of ownership. I am expanding my insurance business into (your area). You are the type of homeowner I am have built my business around. I would love to work with you." and then have a copy of my business card.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I'm not sure what the proper word is for it but I absolutely hate your opening line. Other than that, you aren't conveying what you are selling.

I'm not sure what the proper word is for it but I absolutely hate your opening line. Other than that, you aren't conveying what you are selling.

Pretty much my thought. The first line was just creepy. After that, it is very vague.

Go and read everything Djs has posted and it will answer everything for P&C direct mail marketing. Basically, view purchase time, send out direct mail a month before anniversary asking to quote them.
I think for P&C it's all about 3 practices:
1. Get your GMB page up, website up, and rank in the top 3 pack via citations and reviews
2. Direct mail around anniversaries
3. Yelp PPC (cheaper than google ppc rates)

Only trying to be helpful so take this as constructive criticism.

Postcard stinks.

No headline.
No WIIFM (what's in it for me)
It's all about you.

Look at ads in newspapers and magazines. All have headlines.

Look at the supermarket tabloids. All have headlines that make you so curious you want to read more.

Find a problem these homeowners have and use a headline to solve it.

I've used postcards for years on mortgage protection, final expense and Medicare.

Contact direct mail companies and get samples of their postcards.

Good luck. I wish you well.

Back