Post Cards Vs. Targeted Calling List?

melvinmills

Gentlemen,

I am trying to determine the best way to go.

I have seen a postcard mailing campaign that will send out
x number of mailing each month for 3 months, to the same
list.

They say on the low end one can expect 0.25% response.

The list is targeted geographically and by age and income, nothing
else. These people have not requested information.

Next, I see companies that get names when people request information
on annuities online. This is a much more targeted lead but they
can be much more expensive too.

I have no experience with either kind of marketing so I would greatly
appreciate anyone who has some ideas that I can consider before
making a move.

I think you are asking mailing vs cold calling.

Cold calling is cheaper and more effective, since you can feel the client out right away.

Mailing is more expensive and the response depends on your copy piece, how narrow your target is, xdates, etc....

But targetted anything will give you a better response.

Why not do both?

Do you have any another source of income in addition to what you may earn from your annuity marketing campaign? If not, I would strongly urge you to go back to the drawing board and look at other products as a lead in to find and cross sell annuity prospects.

My FMO built a microsite and managed a PPC campaign for me that generated annuity leads for around $100 a piece. After 5 leads came in without generating any business, I decided to cut that operation. I later met an agent that was doing very well buying internet leads for $200 a piece, but said that he did spend a couple of grand before he generated any business, I just don't have the stomach to keep spending without the results.

Gentlemen,

I am trying to determine the best way to go.

I have seen a postcard mailing campaign that will send out
x number of mailing each month for 3 months, to the same
list.

They say on the low end one can expect 0.25% response.

The list is targeted geographically and by age and income, nothing
else. These people have not requested information.

Next, I see companies that get names when people request information
on annuities online. This is a much more targeted lead but they
can be much more expensive too.

I have no experience with either kind of marketing so I would greatly
appreciate anyone who has some ideas that I can consider before
making a move.

It really depends on a few things. There are a number of providers that claim to have opt-in data for folks that have requested information, but if they're selling it for a dollar a record or less it's likely just standard targeted consumer lists at a high markup hoping folks don't realize the difference. Targeting by age and income isn't a bad idea, often times targeting by home value can be another way of getting in on the right target.

Do you have specific companies you're comparing with respect to the "much more targeted lead"?

Do you have any another source of income in addition to what you may earn from your annuity marketing campaign? If not, I would strongly urge you to go back to the drawing board and look at other products as a lead in to find and cross sell annuity prospects.

My FMO built a microsite and managed a PPC campaign for me that generated annuity leads for around $100 a piece. After 5 leads came in without generating any business, I decided to cut that operation. I later met an agent that was doing very well buying internet leads for $200 a piece, but said that he did spend a couple of grand before he generated any business, I just don't have the stomach to keep spending without the results.

This is my experience as well with internet annuity leads. I know a couple of agents who produce some nice business this way but the leads are VERY expensive.

I can't see a generic mail drop for annuities being very successful.

Thank you all for the responses.

Why not both? right now it is a budgeting issue. Once I get the ball rolling,
I will prefer to do both.

Centralsolution, Thank you for the suggestion. Could you give me an idea
as to what other products you would consider to market as well?

The one reason that I selected annuities is because I was told by a fellow agent
it will pay a high commission relative to other lines.

Josh, I do not know the name of the company right off but I will be glad to look it up if it will help you, help me.

Here are two names that I did come across. I will look for the 3rd.
annuityleads dot com

eannuityleads dot com

Here is what I can tell you about the third one:
1. People have requested information on annuities
2. the people are expecting a call from an agent
3. only 1 agent gets the leads

Thank you.

----------

Josh,

The 3rd one is

annuityagentsalliance

That was one that

only sells the lead once, lead requested info on annuities, and
is expecting a call from an agent.

thank you.

Thank you all for the responses.

Why not both? right now it is a budgeting issue. Once I get the ball rolling,
I will prefer to do both.

The hard truth You are going to have a hard time getting the ball rolling with limited experience or marketing funds if you decide to immediately jump into the deep end of the pool.

Centralsolution, Thank you for the suggestion. Could you give me an idea
as to what other products you would consider to market as well?

I am far from being a monster annuity producer, but Most of my annuity production comes from new Medicare clients that are interested in learning more about protecting their assets from long term care.

The one reason that I selected annuities is because I was told by a fellow agent
it will pay a high commission relative to other lines.

Josh, I do not know the name of the company right off but I will be glad to look it up if it will help you, help me.

Here are two names that I did come across. I will look for the 3rd.
annuityleads dot com

eannuityleads dot com

Here is what I can tell you about the third one:
1. People have requested information on annuities
2. the people are expecting a call from an agent
3. only 1 agent gets the leads

Thank you.

----------

Josh,

The 3rd one is

annuityagentsalliance

That was one that

only sells the lead once, lead requested info on annuities, and
is expecting a call from an agent.

thank you.

Not to dissuade you from annuities or buying leads BUT buying the interested leads exclusive leads will cost you about $150 each. You could easily spend $1000 and have nothing to show for it even if the system was perfect.
The telemarketing route would include buying a list, not expensive, then calling or hiring a caller for hours and hours. Both of these methods would also have a cold period of weeks, waiting until commissions are paying your costs.
If you have significantly more time than money, buy the list from josh and make your calls until you can pay someone to.

AnonymousOne

Thank you for your post.

Josh did state in his video that an inexpensive list is a good way to hone one's skills.

Maybe that is a good place to start.

Back