Post-Corona, Preparing for Normalcy

DayTimer

Guru
5000 Post Club
I'm now hearing Fauci talk about issuing immunity certificates, aka "freedom papers." I don't care who the President is - we cannot go down the road.

While no one can deny the virulence of this disease and its ability to cause lasting damage to some and to kill others, we have to remember that this world survived the Black Plague and the Spanish Flu, both of which seemed far worse than this.

This morning we find that researchers at Stanford now believe Corona came to California in the Fall, and the reason that Cali hasn't been hit as hard as New York is that millions of Californians had been exposed and thus allowed to develop herd immunity:

Coronavirus herd immunity in California? Dr. Alok Patel shares his thoughts

If that is true, then we have been going about this too severely. I do not know, but we should at least be as willing to consider that we have over reacted as we have been willing to consider this the end of the world as we know it.

I posted an article the other day claiming COVID-19 was now leading cause of death. Today the CDC calls bull$hit on that claim.

Coronavirus is not the leading cause of death in the US, CDC says - CNN

Now, how do we know the CDC isn't BS'ing us? I don't know. But with respect to the CDC and out government, we need to resume a healthy skepticism (not a hard-headed skepticism as some have displayed but not a naive Panglossian denial either).

I've been struggling to understand what has ben happening the same as y'all. What seems certain to us one day is revealed as misinformation or outright lies the next. But this is not the plague. This isn't even Spanish Flu. This outbreak should not be used to create what would necessarily become a police state: "Papers, sir? Where are they? Sir, turn and face the wall and place your hands behind your back."

So I think it is time we start paying attention to what is being done to us and who is doing it and to stop letting folks convince us that life has to be different when we come out of this. We will come out of this quicker than many think, imo. And we need to be prepared to resume living our lives as free citizens.

The only way we come out of this "changed forever" is if we let it change us. There is no reason we need to become card-carrying, mask wearing, slavish subjects of the Bureau of Truth.

I still am committed to better safe than sorry. But I am unwilling to go beyond that. And if there appears evidence that we'd be safer by protecting the seniors and others at risk while the rest of us take our rational chances and go about out business, I'm ready to commit to that as well.

Trust, but verify. And don't let them hide evidence from us. We need to keep our eyes out for all of us. We're all in this together in a way we haven't been in anything together, in my lifetime.

We must expect the return of normalcy. We must not sit here planning for anything other than a return to normal American life - with as much Freedom as we had before going into this crisis.

So, I'm getting ready to door knock, and I am expecting to be at it sooner than later (but probably not too soon, and certainly not soon enough).

How about y'all?

I'm now hearing Fauci talk about issuing immunity certificates, aka "freedom papers." I don't care who the President is - we cannot go down the road.

While no one can deny the virulence of this disease and its ability to cause lasting damage to some and to kill others, we have to remember that this world survived the Black Plague and the Spanish Flu, both of which seemed far worse than this.

This morning we find that researchers at Stanford now believe Corona came to California in the Fall, and the reason that Cali hasn't been hit as hard as New York is that millions of Californians had been exposed and thus allowed to develop herd immunity:

If that is true, then we have been going about this too severely. I do not know, but we should at least be as willing to consider that we have over reacted as we have been willing to consider this the end of the world as we know it.

I posted an article the other day claiming COVID-19 was now leading cause of death. Today the CDC calls bull$hit on that claim.

Now, how do we know the CDC isn't BS'ing us? I don't know. But with respect to the CDC and out government, we need to resume a healthy skepticism (not a hard-headed skepticism as some have displayed but not a naive Panglossian denial either).

I've been struggling to understand what has ben happening the same as y'all. What seems certain to us one day is revealed as misinformation or outright lies the next. But this is not the plague. This isn't even Spanish Flu. This outbreak should not be used to create what would necessarily become a police state: "Papers, sir? Where are they? Sir, turn and face the wall and place your hands behind your back."

So I think it is time we start paying attention to what is being done to us and who is doing it and to stop letting folks convince us that life has to be different when we come out of this. We will come out of this quicker than many think, imo. And we need to be prepared to resume living our lives as free citizens.

The only way we come out of this "changed forever" is if we let it change us. There is no reason we need to become card-carrying, mask wearing, slavish subjects of the Bureau of Truth.

I still am committed to better safe than sorry. But I am unwilling to go beyond that. And if there appears evidence that we'd be safer by protecting the seniors and others at risk while the rest of us take our rational chances and go about out business, I'm ready to commit to that as well.

Trust, but verify. And don't let them hide evidence from us. We need to keep our eyes out for all of us. We're all in this together in a way we haven't been in anything together, in my lifetime.

We must expect the return of normalcy. We must not sit here planning for anything other than a return to normal American life - with as much Freedom as we had before going into this crisis.

So, I'm getting ready to door knock, and I am expecting to be at it sooner than later (but probably not too soon, and certainly not soon enough).

How about y'all?
Yes, better safe than sorry.....up to a point. Like Trump said, we don't want the cure to be worse than the disease. If the economy gets too bad, people start dying from starvation and suicide. It wouldn't surprize me if this is part of China's plan to rule the world. I wouldn't put anything past the Chinese government.

I posted this article in another thread. The UK started to do the herd immunity, but I think they didn't change their mind soon enough. Now the 2 most powerful men in the UK have the Wuhan and the UK is the new hot spot in the world(after New York).

The U.K.’s Coronavirus ‘Herd Immunity’ Debacle

I am more and more uncomfortable with the more and more changes I see

I see in many parts of this country they are getting stricter and stricter, Today Mich is going to ban travel to friends and relatives homes, Few towns in Boston is setting up one-way sidewalks, some parts are not allowing stores like Costco, Walmart to sell nonessential items, Workers with allergies are not allowed to go to work, and more and more places are implementing drones with sirens and speakers

It just don't feel right

Many changes overnight people are more and more OK with check points too

How about y'all?
“Panglossian” - hats off to you for making me look it up!:1wink:

Matt Walsh had this to say the other day:
WALSH: We Have Become A Police State, And None Of Us Should Be Okay With That

There is much we don't know for sure. But we know this isn't the Black Plague or even Spanish Flu.

A fellow D2D buddy of mine is still out knocking. This is what folks see when they open the door:

View attachment 6178

Where there is a will, there is a way!

USA!
Life Hawk will have a hard time hugging from 6 feet away. :laugh:

There is much we don't know for sure. But we know this isn't the Black Plague or even Spanish Flu.

A fellow D2D buddy of mine is still out knocking. This is what folks see when they open the door:

View attachment 6178

Where there is a will, there is a way!

USA!
I thought there was a post awhile back about the PA ins commissioner pulling licenses for that kind of activity.

I thought there was a post awhile back about the PA ins commissioner pulling licenses for that kind of activity.

He isn't in PA and he isn't selling insurance - he's in Houston and he sells home security and automation. He sells roofs and he is in North Carolina lol

My Houston security and automation buddy is the one who gave me this idea (I hid his face since he's not a member here:
social distancing at the door.JPG

We door knockers are everywhere and we sell anything and everything!

Last edited:
Back