Pot Smokers and Life Insurance

I just wrote a 350,000 10 year term on a 30 year old smoker who also smokes marijuana 2-3 times per month.......wrote that thru Genworth. I'm thinking about targeting Marijuana smokers....private and discrete is what I'll advertise!! Wonder how many pro athletes I can sign up?:D

bluemarlin08 said:
I understand there is one major life company that doesn't test for pot.

But do they ask the question. I have yet to see a carrier that will accept an individual that admits to daily usage.

But do they ask the question. I have yet to see a carrier that will accept an individual that admits to daily usage.

ING will give preferred smoker for daily MJ use. Table 4 Smoker if it's prescribed.

***Update: ING is now Table 2 smoker for daily use***

Last edited:
ING will give preferred smoker for daily MJ use. Table 4 Smoker if it's prescribed.

Jeff, I am not understanding. They are rated if prescribed but pref'd if not?

BTW, just got Preferred smoker from Assurity on their non med term. Not going to compete with ING. But it is an option.

BTW, just got Preferred smoker from Assurity on their non med term. Not going to compete with ING. But it is an option.

Yep. That's what they told me around 6 months ago. Weird, right?

That's good to know about Assurity.

I would guess someone who is prescribed MJ use, is pretty ill(medical issues) that is why their would be table ratings.
The insurance companies just assume the worst.

Latest posts

Back